cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log on to Web Dynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We created a Web Dynpro application and everything worked fine. We upgraded our java stack to SP17 and now only 2 users (J2EE_ADMIN + a basis user) are able to log in to the application. All the other users get the error message 'User verification failed'.

I tried giving a user the basis role but this didn't help. Trying to log on three times or more with one of the failing users doesn't lock the user. Password and user name are correct as the failing users are able to log in on the SAP GUI.

This occurs only on our QA system for the moment and we are not able to reproduce it on our DEV system. Our production system isn't upgraded yet.

Anyone any idea on how to solve this problem?

Kr,

Rob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know the user without roles will fail to enter UME. But as I tested on DEV, with a user without the necessary roles, he passes the log on screen and then comes up with 'No authorization'. When trying to log in to the WD application, the logon page doesn't disappear and I get the error message 'User verification failed'.

I try to access my WD application via a direct link. I got this link using J2EE_ADMIN and then went to Web Dynpro Tools=>Content Administrator and ran my WD application.

Every link on the main/index page can not be accessed by the "failing" users. Always the same error 'User verification failed'. So in fact it is not only the WD application that is failing but all the 'applications/links' on the SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java

Kr,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's pretty peculiar - but in practice all regular/non-authorized users really don't need -- and by default can't access the links via the index page. Your J2EE_ADMIN can access everything there - but not your 'failing' users.

Why not assign a temporary role with the WD application assigned to and assign this role to the users - just to test it.

Moreover, It appears as more of a UME issue than anything else. But again, your regular users really can't and shouldn't access these links in the first place.

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logging on to the portal/PCUI works fine but when going to http://<host_name>:<host_port>/index.html and selecting User Management and trying to log in with one of the "failing" users, I get the same error as when trying to log on to my Web Dynpro application. This is the same log in screen the Web Dynpro application has (title window: 'User Management, SAP AG').

Kr,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rob,

The user needs to have Administrative rights to access the User Management application -- perhaps a System Administrator. Regular users WILL ultimately fail trying to access the User Management application since they don't have the role to access it.

I'm wondering, how are you trying to access the WD Application? Since you said that you can actually access the portal just not the User Management over the main/index page of the J2EE.

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean you can't log-on to the portal, correct?

Check your UME configuration for these portal run-time instances. If they have different UMEs configured, then check if the users are actually existing on the QA box.

I'm not aware of how how a SP upgrade would affect this. Perhaps check the UME configuration of the portal? See if it still points to the ABAP as UME.

Regards,

Jan