Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict background jobs to immediate execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have got a central jobmanagment and want to restrict background jobs to immediate execution.

Of course users should be able to send processes in the background, especially when creating a list needs a lot of performance. But users should not be able to plan these jobs to a time in future or perodically.

So, in authorization object S_BTCH_JOB I didn't find a solution - just JOB_ACTION can be restricted to "RELE", so that a user needs a release from another user. This is not what we want.

Is there a possibility to restrict the execution in background to the Option "immediate". The options "Date/Time", "After job", "After event", "at operation mode" should not be possible.

Regards,

Julia

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

The search term you are looking for is "BTCOPTIONS" - an optional config table for SM37 / SM36.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Julius,

with searchterm "BTCOPTIONS" I can't find suitable notes or anything else, even with a search machine.

But I found thread which describes exactly this problem.

So I will ask in that thread again, because there haven't been any news since may.

Regards,

Julia