Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLDING / PARKING INVOICE DOCUMENT

former_member715153
Participant
0 Kudos

HELLO EXPERTS,

What is the difference between holding a invoice document (MIRO) and parking a document (MIR7).

I hope each having same function.

Again I want to see a report which will show me hold invoice document

Again what is the difference between parked and parked as complete.(MIR5)

please answer me ASAP.

REGARDS

RAGHU

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member681791
Active Participant

Hi,

You can refer to the help screen int the respective MIR7 scree to know definition of each function.

Holding Invoice Documents

If you are interrupted while entering or parking an invoice, you can hold the data you have already entered, such as the list field selections, header data, and item data. The system creates an invoice document but does not make any checks, updates, or postings. When you continue processing the held document later, the system proposes the data already entered.

Parking Invoice Documents

You create an invoice document in document parking. Choose the disk icon Save parked document to do this. Before saving the data, the system performs consistency checks.Subsequently, you can still change, delete, or post parked documents, or save them as complete.

Use document parking if:

1. Information required for posting the invoice document is missing in the invoice document and you do not want to have to enter again the data already entered

2. The balance is not zero

3. The following updates are to take place:

1. Log of document changes

2. Informative purchase order history

3. Data for advance tax returns

4. Index for checking for duplicate invoices

5. Vendor open items

6. Vendor open items for parked documents

Saving Invoice Documents as Complete

You create an invoice document in document parking. Choose Save as complete to do this. Before saving the data, the system performs consistency checks. In the event of errors, the data is not saved, but is presented for correction instead. Subsequently, you can still change, delete, or post Documents complete for posting.

Use Save as complete if:

1. No more changes are to be made to the invoice document

2. The balance is zero

3. The invoice document is to be parked for posting but not posted yet

Cheers,

Girang

Edited by: girang irawan on Dec 10, 2009 10:09 AM

Edited by: girang irawan on Dec 10, 2009 10:10 AM

former_member715153
Participant
0 Kudos

got my answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Holding and Parking an Invoice are the same. We can hold/park an invoice document from MIR7 as well as MIRO. In MIRO we can post the document as well but not through MIR7.

Report MIR6 will serve the purpose for your report on Hold/Parked Invoice Documents, you should check the Held/Parked checkbox.

Regards

Debashish