cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to validate rate for condition types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

While pricing the material in sales order, some times by mistake user creates wrong condition records for excise & TAXES

exampl- when creating condition records for excise by mistake user creates records like 14% rate which should be 8%

is their any way that i can customize for condition records that it should not take excise duty more than 8%

and same thing for , VAT 4 % & CST2%

please let me know is their any way out

Thanks&Regards

JAHANGIR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jahangir,

You can set the boundaries for the condition types using:

Transaction code:OVB2

SPRO>Sales and Distribution>Basic Functions>Pricing>Pricing control>Define condition types>Define upper / lower limits for conditions

Thanks & Regards,

Preethi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi preethi

Thanks a lot your suggestion helped me to solve the issue

Regards

jahangir

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jahangir

I agree 100% with Lakshmipati. Actually this rates are to be changed only once a year when the budget is declared. Beyond that there is no need to touch this condition types. So the best thing to do is to give authorization to right person. Then once it is maintained check the same by going into VA01. Then release the system to users for order entry. Writing routines and exits for every single field will become pain to maintain in future and there will be no track whats happening when.

Regards

Yatin Thakkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

we can right a routine for that and assign to the condition types in pricing procedure in the requirement filed

Regards

Chowdary

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its only a user discipline. If we go on implementing lot of controls via user exit like the one you mentioned, definitely it will affect the performance of SAP. Almost in all companies, these sort of sensitive transactions will be handled by the concerned Head of the Department.

In SAP, we can say the most sensitive area is J1ID and FTXP which should be handled by FI or Excise Incharge.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is the responsibility of the user to enter correct condition records (BED, CST, VAT etc). But this can be checked by creating a sales order (VA01) whether they are taking correct values or not; no need to save the sales order. The checking can be done for all combination (CST, VAT etc).

Regards,

K Bharathi