cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to put the sales quantity in multiples only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have maintained minimum order quantity for a mterial in material master so that I should not raise sales order less than that quantity, it is also fine we are able to succeed in that.

But my requiremnt is I should put the sales quantity in multiples of minimum order quantity which I have maintained in the MMR.

Say for an example for Material A, I have maintained miimum order quanity as 4. If I rasie sales order for less than 4 it will through error, this has ben done. But next quanities I can be maintianed as 8, 12, 16, 20....... like this.

Currently system is throwing error ir I put quantiy less than 4. But error message need to through if I put quanity as 5,6,7,9,10,11,13......... like this, HOW CAN I ABLE TO DO THIS?

Kindly provide me the solution for this issue.

Rgds

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

But error message need to through if I put quanity as 5,6,7,9,10,11,13......... like this, 
HOW CAN I ABLE TO DO THIS?

This functionality SAP has not given for sales order but has given for delivery

In MMR sales org data 1 the delivery units can be defined

For your requirement you can give as 4

Then the delivery should be 4,8,12,16 etc

With this settings maintained if u create a sales order for 5 units. system will issue a warning message in t code VA01 ( sales order creation itself) as consider the delivery units etc

Note this message no it is V4 only

In OVAH that message can be converted to error

Then in sales order itself u can achieve your requirement

I have done this in one client sales order itself unfortunately not having access to SAP now to tell exactly the message no

Indirectly you can achieve ur direct requirement

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Who ever need to resolve this use can follow the above said procedure as it is successfully working in SAP.

Rgds

Srini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Pl. follow the instruction of Mr. Raja, and for your information the message no. is V4 081, which you can change from Warning to Error in OVAH.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to material Master --> Sales:sales Org.1 Screen, there is a field Delivery Unit. If you will maitain this then as per your requirement you can create DELIVERY for multiples of that only. Go through the F1 Help of that ehich says:

The delivery unit consists of a number and a unit of measure. In the case of a delivery unit of 30 pieces, 30, 60, 90, and so on pieces can be delivered, but not, however, 100 pieces.

Hope this is what you require.

Regards

Amitesh Anand