cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects XI 3.1 Connection to Oracle 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to the world of Business Objects and In Universe Designer, when I try to create an Oracle OCI connection, I get the following error:

CS:DBDriver failed to load : C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\ConnectionServer\dbd_oci.dll (The specified module could not be found).

The path for windows environment variable is :

C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\bin;C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\bin\OpC;C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\bin\;C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\lib\

Also, when I try to use cscheck on server to check connection, nothing happens - is there any setting I have to make to get this working. I have used SQLPLUS to connect to the database successfully.

Any help or pointers appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anupkumar_rai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

Please restart the connection server and try again. In case Oracle client was installed after installing BOE, restart of Connection server might be required. You can also verify if all the Orcale libraries are indeed inside the Oracle/bin. When you install Oracle instant clinet there will be no bin. the binaries will be present C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\. Please try these two option.

Hope this helps

Thanks

-Anup-

Answers (0)