cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

step by step SOA deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am planning to deploy standard services provided by SAP (full environment in my landscape - not ES workplace) ,I need some guidance.

1) Is procuring Service bundles and deploy it is the only option? (how is the charges for that) - from where I can get it.

2) which content I need to download for ECC 6.0

and which one for SAP PI. (is it ESA ECC SE004 ?)

3) Where to deploy the services (on ECC server or seprate server is required)

4) If I deploy it on ECC how to consume it?

5) If I deploy it on seprate server how to make communication between service and my ECC system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard Web Services (enterpirse services) on ECC6 are included in ESA ECC SE004 (ECC-SE).

You have to download and install them on your ECC6 system, they will not work on a separate server.

You can also add more services with Enhancement packages.

In the SAP World, you can consume them with Abap or Java.

You can test them with the web service navigator, available only on SAP Java server (http://hostname:port/wsnavigator).

Regards, Gilles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for quick reply,

so I can get the services based on my enhancement pack ,and I can browse it in soamanager/wsnavigator right,

if I want to enhance the service - do I need to deploy the ESA ECC SE004 content on PI for the content of ESR...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ESA ECC SE004 content on PI for the content of ESR is about documentation.

You have two ways to enhance your web service :

- in your abap system with an enhancement, a z copy, like another abap program.

- in ESR, you can update the web service definition and send it back to your ecc system.

Regards, Gilles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I got the IDES system ECC 6.0 without any enhancement pack, is there any way that I can deploy/import the standard services content without deploying EHP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

Check in your system (system -> status in SAP Gui) if you have the ECC-SE component.

If not, download it from the marketplace and install it with transaction SAINT.

Regards, Gilles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

aah, unfortunately it is not there. I became dependent on BASIS ....

I will update after deployment ,thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Services on SAP ERP is delivered with Enhancement packs (Ehps) once you download them they are available in ERP (some time activation and additional configuration required).

PI contents are something different (only definitions).

Regards,

Gourav

Answers (0)