cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document type for Posting to Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard program RPRFIN00_40 is used to Post to Accounting.

The document type is specified at the Posting Doc.

it has a parameter ID BAR.

I assign BAR at the user's parameter via SU01, however the document type did not get default.

Any one can advice?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wayne,

Sorry to say but I donu2019t have any document as such.

Receipt type is Document type which is used to differentiate the business transactions like Travel expesnses, vendor invoice, Credit memo, sales order, and purchase order and so onu2026!

You can define / search your document type via T.code OBA7 and can use the same document type in TA20SWITCH.

Let me know for any more information.

Cheers,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

To put different document type other then the standard AB that SAP sets for all users, you will have to apply the SAP Note 340977 (if not applied already).

P.S. This note had come with support pack SAPKE47095.

After Implementing this note or import the relevant Support Package. We can then maintain the attribute DOCTYPE_PRFI in the view TA20SWITCH, and maintain the receipt type as a value. If the attribute is not created or if the value is blank, the default remains AB.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

wayne_villon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

The solution you provided worked. The only thing is that the OSS note you mention was missing the 1 in front of it. So it's OSS note 1340977.

Is there any standard SAP document that provides documentation of the different attributes that can be used in table TA20SWITCH??? as you mentioned DOCTYPE_PRFI and another one as well but not sure what is the attribute value for the receipt one you mentioned.

Thanks,

Wayne

wayne_villon
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have the same question. Is there any way of defaulting the document type in PRFI without using a variant. We want to setup a system DEFAULT to a different document type other then the standard AB that SAP sets for all users without them having to choose a variant when they use PRFI transaction.

Wayne

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i meant was, is there anyway to default the document type ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the programme "RPRFIN00_40" under gener trip data you can select the required document type to do the posting.

Thanks,

Nandagopal C

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand your question - could you please describe the problem on another way?

The document type mentioned for this program is the document type from Finance - maybe this helps already a little bit.