cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abap Server proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When we are providing all the details of R3 server in XI adapter why we need to fetch the business system from SLD?

Regards

Shivguru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh

We can use any business service name under which XI adapter channel is configured i will use that service name in reciever determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Sarvesh

>

> We can use any business service name under which XI adapter channel is configured i will use that service name in reciever determination

For XI adapter you cannot use Business Service, if you use then it will give an error at run time. It should be a Business System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In simple words there should be always a sender & one receiver when you go for creating your Receiver Determination. So if you are not going to fetch it form SLD (this is one time activity) then what Business System you are going to define in RD. That's whay we need it.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

But we are giving hostname port username and password in XI adapter ..then why we need to fetch business system

Former Member
0 Kudos

That information is used for instance during runtime for receiver determination. However, I believe you can add you R3 system direct from the integration directory as a business service without having to decalre it in SLD. That's tipically the case when you work with systems outside your landscape...