cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to SOAP adapter and I am really confused by all the terms used in the notes and forum.

What is the difference between a webservices provider and webservices consumer ? Also what does it mean when we say that the interface is exposed as webservice ? I see that we create WSDL file only for sender. So in sender SOAP adapter do we create the WSDL file to use it as message type in external definitions in Message Interface or do we create it so that we services can post the content to the URL in the WSDL file we create ?

When we use SOAP without envelope, is it similar to http adapter ? There also we dont use SOAP envelope ?

Can someone clear these doubts ?

Midhun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
What is the difference between a webservices provider and webservices consumer ?

Webservice consumers are the Clients that consume the webservice created+published by the webservice providers.

Also what does it mean when we say that the interface is exposed as webservice ?

Well, webservices are of no use unless you expose it. Exposing basically refers to making it available over a network for clients to consume it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi