cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update fields of the main table regarding a lookup table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a requirement which is to display several data of a lookup table in the main table.

Those data must be displayed in different fields. Eg:

Lookup table

Supplier Name (Display Field)

Supplier Code

Email

Phone Number

Available Cities for intervention

Main table

Supplier Name

Supplier Code

Available Cities for intervention

To do this, I have 2 solutions:

1. Supplier Code and Available Cities are calculated fields. The issue is that in this case, when I modify the lookup table, data of the main table are not updated.

==> Is there any mean to force this update?

2. Supplier Code and Available Cities are assigned via an assignment expression which is scheduled via a workflow. My issue here is that I would like that when the lookup table is updated, the main table get updated too. For this I wanted to launch a workflow in the main table once the lookup table was modified.

==> Is there any mean to set such workflows?

Those needs don't seem to be such huge? If you have any clue...

Thanks,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For 1st one, try recalculate option by selecting the main table records, right click and select recalculate.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Shiv, but is there any way to automatize it (via a WF for example)?

Best regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try creating a workflow with process & assignment step. As part of the workflow the assignments will be updated.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think workflow is an option here as assignments from the main table won't appear in the workflow which is created for the lookup table.

One of the option is to write event listener using API and update main table fields.