cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment statement not working for attribute in a taxonomy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a requirement to assign value to an attirbute (automatically - via workflow). Could we use branch assignment for this? I created a branch assignment for the same, but it doesn't work, though I get the message, "Assignment completed without errors".

I'm on MDM 5.5 SP06 Patch 4.

The scenario is as follows:

An attibute, "Color" is linked with the node 000100, VAL <001000> in the taxonomy table. I need to assign a value, "Black" to this attribute.

The assignment statements are as follows:

Name : TEST

Assignment Field : MatClass

Table : Products

Expression : MatClass 000100, VAL < 001000, TEST> AND BRANCH(MatClass)

Name : TEST 000100, VAL <001000><MatClass>

Branch Value : 000100, VAL <001000>

Expression : Color="Black"

Here, Color is an attribute, which is linked to 000100, VAL <001000>. I could assign values using Data Manager, but not via the assignment. The Color value is not set to Black, when I run this assignment. As for the main expression, if I don't include the MatClass 000100, VAL < 001000, TEST> part, the existing values are cleared.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Anil Madhavan

Edited by: Anil Madhavan on Dec 9, 2009 11:54 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil

You cannot use assignment for attributes, only for fields, but you can used attributes value in expression.

Regards

Kanstantsin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanstantsin,

You are right. Assignments do not work on attributes. I raised a ticket with SAP on this regard, and they have confirmed that attribute assignment is not possible in MDM, at least currently.

Thank you!!

Regards,

Anil Madhavan

Edited by: Anil Madhavan on Dec 10, 2009 11:44 AM

Edited by: Anil Madhavan on Dec 10, 2009 11:46 AM

Answers (0)