Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drag and Drop feature in Layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Webdynpro ABAP.

I placed the controls like button , text and label on the layout.

But the issue is, I need to arrange them in order but when i drag and drop on the layout, the controls do not move at all.

Whichever controls I choose and place on the layout, all of them are aligning in a Top horizontal fashion.

Pls help as it is hindering me from moving forward to create some apps.

Regards,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

place your UIs under a transparent container or a group

and place ur UIs inside it , right click on the ui and choose to move it up or down

u can use the Group UI element to group a series of UI elements under the same title.

Therefore, it acts as a container.

Always use the TransparentContainer UI element for nested groups.

if u r using matrix layout for ur transparent container or group , u can use matrix head data to place UIs in start of line

u can use the TransparentContainer element in two different ways:

i) As a layout container (property isLayoutContainer=true)

In this case, you use the element to design the layout of other UI elements.

ii) As a grouping container (property isLayoutContainer=false)

In this case, you use the element to group other UI elements.

regards,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

For good looking alignment use

1. In the properties for LAYOUT property use Matrix layout for ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER.

2. Use all buttons inside the element transparent container or a group (here you ll have a default title) . Use matrix layout here also

3. After this for the property 'LAYOUT DATA' of group or transparent container give 'MATRIX HEAD DATA' if that element should be the first element in a row. if you give it as 'MATRIX DATA' all element will come in the same row.

4. If you want to give a space inbetween rows either change the height in layoutdata properties of group or container or use an invisible element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should take a transparent container and take its layout as matrix layout and try to place you ui in it.

or you can change the layout property of your containe as matrix.but for arranging it or drag and drop you can use transparent container.

and when you add button and if you want it in another row the go in the properties of button ui and there give the layoput as matrix head data.

you can try othe layout also by going thr the properties of each and every layout.

just give it a try. you will surely get it