Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qty field greying out in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I already posted one thread as given below:

I was told that the status of the first OR will never change from 'Open', in the process flow: OR - OR - LF - F2, since the Schedule Lines created in the first OR will never be delivered.

We created a new Doc Type 'ZOR' an exact copy of 'OR' and a new Item Category 'ZTAN' an exact copy of TAN and unchecked 'Schedule Line Allowed'. Assigned 'ZTAN' to Doc Type 'ZOR'.

My understanding is now since ZTAN is not relevant for Schedule Lines, this sales order should not create any schedule lines and when this doc type ZOR is referenced to create another order 'OR', the status of 'ZOR' should change to 'Completed' once fully referenced.

But when I created a Sales Order, entering the SP, Material and Quantity and clicked 'Enter', system is giving the Item category as 'ZTAN' but greying out the Quantity field with out any value. Why is this happening?? What am I doing wrong? Please help me out here.

Thanks and regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing thread since no more replies. Appreciate all the efforts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In the contract order , system will not show the order quantity field it will show the target quantity this is controlled by screen sequence group in the VOV8 transaction

Regards'

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for correcting me, Damodhar Reddy Chilukuri.

I am looking for a solution where the Quantity field in a Sales Order (VA01) is getting greyed out preventing me from entering the Quantity. Can some one give me any remedies.

Regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

If you will remove the tick mark/ activation from the "Schedule line allowed" check box in the Item category ZTAN, then you can not deliver the item as without schedule line, you can not delivered.

The process is,

Standard order(e.g, OR) -

> Delivery (LF).

If you remove the activation, then system understands that it is not a deliverable item and takes it to grey mode.

If you want to deliver an item physically, then schedule line must have been allowed for it in its Item category level AND that schedule line must have been deliverable at the Schedule line category level ("Delivery relevance" field must have been activated).

Even one of the two condition is missing then you can not deliver an item physically.

For example, In Item category AGN for Quotation, you will find schedule line is allowed but if you will go to its Schedule line category BN, you will find it is not deliverable (the "Delivery relevance" field is blank).

Therefore, even though there is a schedule line for the Quotation item , still we can not deliver it which is logical.

So, use the available field for logical purpose, it will support you. As the fields are available, you can not put any value what you want, it must be logical.

If you want to make blank the "Schedule line allowed" field then copy the Item category "WKN" or "WKC" and from TAN.

Similarly, copy the Contract and not OR for your purpose.

Where as, you can not create a Delivery directly from Contract. So contract items do not require schedule line. Contract is completed by one or more Release orders and Release orders contain schedule line.

The process is,

Contract (e.g, QC, WK1, WK2) -

> Release orders (e.g, OR) -

> Delivery (e.g, LF).

Therefore, in Item category in contract (e.g,WKN , WKC etc) you will find that "Schedule Line Allowed" field is blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the standard behaviour of the system if you Uncheck the Schedule lines Allowed.

If you de-activate the SCHEDULE LINE ALLOWED field in the ITEM CATEGORY it means the Item is treated as the Non deliverable item and Qantity field will be greyed out and the SCHEDULE LINES tab will hide.

This field will be de activated for CONTRACTS, CREDIT NOTES, DEBIT NOTES , since they dont have delivery document.

hope it is clear,

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I beg to differ with you here, dear Santosh. If you create a Quantity Contract with Doc Type 'CQ' in VA41, does the Quantity field grey out though there are no Schedule Lines created ??

It does not happen, so why is it happening in my case?? That's my million $ question.

Our only requirement is to create a document through VA01 for which the Schedule Lines are not created, for which we tried to create a new Doc type (ZOR) a copy of 'OR' and a new Item Category (ZTAN) copying 'TAN'.

What else can we do to achieve this?

Regards.

Venkat - Hyd