cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service error after upgrade to ECC 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've create web services which are running well on ECC 5.

These services will be used as an interface to other system and will return an XML result to the caller

But when we upgrade the server to ECC 6, we can't connect to the webservice

The error message is:

An exception with the type CX_INVALID_TRANSFORMATION occurred, but was neither handled locally, nor declared in a RAISING clause The transformation /1BCDWB/WSS0081211055642490454 could not be executed

I guess it's the XML transformation issue on the ABAP code

Any idea on this issue?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've successfully fix this issue

It has something to do with the Virtual Interface and the Internal Name on the web service

We manage to re-create the virtual interface and re-transport the web service

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronaldi,

Would you please brief, how did you do this. We are also facing the same issue. After upgrade, virtual interfaces are missing.

Thanks in advance.

Dip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronaldi,

Please check SAP Note: 1132501, it may help...

Also, have you tried re-generating the proxy on ECC6?

Try it on one of the proxies & make sure to backup the Abap code first.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing the same problem with a upgrade from CRM2007 to CRM 7.0.

When we check transormation named in the error and want to activate it we receive information that another transformation called by the main one does not exist.

If I try to open it, I can but when I try to activate it, I receive the same error on another transofrmation.

Any idea ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked OSS - for example there's note 1416678 - "Webservice object - SIMPLE TRANFORMATION failed after upgrade" - which talks about using CRMOST_GENERATION to fix some errors.

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We're not changing any ABAP code in this issue

The problem occurs after we upgrade from ECC 5 to ECC 6

Is there any way that we can somehow fix this issue? i.e recreate the webservice, etc

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting that you change any ABAP ... the STRANS transaction will allow you to display the existing SAP-generated transformation and my thought was that you might then be able to narrow down the reason for the transformation exception you are getting - and once you had narrowed it down you might either be able to try to regenerate the virtual interface element in ECC6 or gain enough information to find a solution in OSS (or to be able to report the problem to SAP more fully).

cheers

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you looked in transaction STRANS at that transformation /1BCDWB/WSS0081211055642490454 ..? These transformations are automatically generated by SAP based on the Virtual Interface definition in ECC5... if the transformation does exist in your ECC6 system, try using the "Check" function in STRANS to see if it indicates what it doesn't like about it. If it's not there in ECC6, check it in ECC5 as STRANS you should be able to see what structure / element it relates to and maybe you'll need to regenerate that (I think in ECC6 that's now via SE80 > Enterprise Services > Service Definition - I'm on ECC5 today).

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>I guess it's the XML transformation issue on the ABAP code

Yes this is xml transformation issue. Check the ABAP code and see if that XML transformation file exist on system else create one.

Regards,

Gourav