Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI 7.1 Problems with function module REGISTER_DEVICE

maciola
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried to send various kinds registration requests via ICF to functional module REGISTER_DEVICE but without successs. I also tried to change registration criteria via TC "sdoe_dev_register" but it didn't help very much.

e.g. I checked two parameters as obligatory for registration: USER and PHYSICAL_ID and sent my request as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<asx:abap xmlns:asx="http://www.sap.com/abapxml" version="1.0">

<asx:values>

<registration>

<param name="PHYSICAL_ID" value="68F24C2FF4EBFF6C649C84174BE68FBE" />

<param name="RGSTRATN_CNF_ID" value="000C29DEFEEE02DDA6E69FA499A3D0EA" />

<param name="NAME" value="HARZER" />

</registration>

</asx:values>

</asx:abap>

The function module returned as follows:

DEVICE_ID <empty>

EV_X_XMLDOC <empty>

REGISTERED "X"

No exeption has been thrown.

Does anybody know any detailed documenation about S_MMW_ADM package or even about the devices' registration process on the application server? Besides, I know already the document "Integrating Custom Client with DOE" version 1.1

Here is the status of our System:

SAP_ABA 711 0003 SAPKA71103 Cross-Application Component

SAP_BASIS 711 0003 SAPKB71103 SAP Basis Component

PI_BASIS 711 0003 SAPK-71103INPIBASIS Basis Plug-In

ST-PI 2005_1_710 0003 SAPKITLQJ3 SAP Solution Tools Plug-In

SAP_BW 711 0003 SAPKW71103 SAP Business Warehouse

best,

Maciej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The XML looks fine. Except that you say you have made USER a mandatory parameter and you are passing 'NAME' instead (which actually refers to the Device's name).

EDIT: Also check the registration configuration ID. You should get identical values for the UUID in the table SMMW_DEV_REGISTR in the DOE system.

By the way, when you try to register a device, you must get the DEVICE_ID field that was assigned to it, along with a REGISTERED='X'. The response you are getting looks like a bug (because clearly the device is not getting registered, and you're getting an 'X' for registered).

Edited by: Arjun Shankar on Dec 9, 2009 10:33 AM

maciola
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

yes, you're right, I passed NAME instead of USER. I just tried a lot of possible requests, therefore I gave another example in my post, It doesn't work when I pass the value for USER.

Do I have to register the deivce(s) via 'Data Orchestration Admin and Monitoring Portal' somehow bofore I call REGISTER_DEVICE api?

cheers,

Maciej

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the xml message should be in the following format.

<registration>

<param name="RGSTRATN_CNF_ID" value="000C29DEFEEE02DDA6E69FA499A3D0EA" />

<param name="NAME" value="DEVICENAME" />

<param name="LOGIN_NAME" value="SAPUSER" />

</registration>

Former Member
0 Kudos

and also to make the DEVICE NAME as a registration parameter follow the below steps

in the mobile server goto transaction sdoe_dev_register. under attribute name column check for "NAME" and confirm whether it is checked for registration and mandatory

if it is not checked please check the fields and but clicking change configuration button after doing the changes click the freeze configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's all you should have to do in DOE system:

1. Set the mandatory parameters

2. Create a new (Initial) device, and 'Enable' it from Device Administration in NWMA

3. Regenerate RMM (Receiver Meta Model) just in case.

Here's all you should have to do in client:

1. Pass the correct configuration ID and the name value pair for the correct mandatory parameters along with a unique physical ID (make sure the device generates its own physical ID and that none of the already existing devices in DOE already use it)

Yep. If all this is done, you should have registration. If like you said you get registered = 'X' and a blank device ID, and no exception then there is a bug somewhere in the DOE, which you could report.

maciola
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

I checked the fields "NAME" and "USER" in sdoe_dev_register as mandatory and passed following message:

<registration>

<param name="RGSTRATN_CNF_ID" value="000C29DEFEEE02EDA8ADD01DD0D69946" />

<param name="NAME" value="HARZER" />

<param name="LOGIN_NAME" value="HARZER" />

</registration>

I didn't receive device ID, got any exceptions and the export parameters of are:

L_XMLOUT <empty>

L_SMMW_GUID <empty>

L_REGISTERED "X"

I think, I'd rather open an OSS Call before I investigate further.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to confirm again, have you created and enabled the device on the DOE with name as "HARZER" ??

Remember the "Name" attribute in the registration parameter reflects the name of the DEVICE on the DOE and not the name of the user who created the device.

~ Ramanath.

maciola
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ramanath,

alas! I haven't created any device on the DOE.

So, I did as you suggested, I registered a device via admin portal, enabled it, and passed my registration string once more and I was sucessfull:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<registrationresponse>

<devices>

<device>

<param name="DEVICEID" value="000C29DEFEEE02EDA8AEC2CD72FE4D35"/>

</device>

</devices>

</registrationresponse>

My intention is to register the device via REGISTER_DEVICE automatically.

Do I always have to register devices firstly on the DOE and after that via REGISTER_DEVICE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whatever steps you have followed in DOE are for creating a device. Register_device API will simply map the logical device created by you with the physical device which is synchronizing.

Automatic creation of the device during registration process is not supported till now.

Regards,

Ramanath.

maciola
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath,

Thank you, now I understand. Two Words to the Wise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Where did you get RGSTRATN_CNF_ID? You made it or there is a place so i can look for exactly RGSTRATN_CNF_ID.

I get de DEVICE_ID empty as well, but i created the device in the DOE and enabled it.

Bye to all!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look in the DOE system in table SMMW_DEV_REGISTR, for the field CONFIGURATION_ID.

All rows will have the same UUID.

This is the value.

Answers (0)