Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I wanted to know the folowing for an interface i am to start the build upon

The issue is that the client doesn't have the SAP BASIS team for the time being and I have to set up the SLD for a third party system and I wanted some help on how to set up the same

The scenario is , Flat file to ABAP PRoxy

SAP XI picks up a file from a LAN Server directory and puts the contents in the ABAP Proxy .We have the ECC side created already but I wanted some help on the Third Party SLD creation :

a) What details do I need to set up

Business System - as in if i know the directory name what all details do I need to put in the Business system

Technical System ,

Product and then

Software Component version I can import in the IR to start the build ?

b) In what order do I build them ?

I will be using a sender file adapter so do I need to create a seperate user and give it access(user id and password) to poll and pick up the file ?

Kindly guide me

thanks

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Flat file to ABAP PRoxy

SLD:

1 Business System ,Technical System ,Product and tSoftware Component version

2.create one more Business system and Techincal System web as ABAP type for the Proxy

3)Some more RFC connection for the Proxy:

TCPIP connections

1.LCRSAPRFC

2.SAPSLDAPI

3. Settings are to be done in SLDAPICUST transaction

Http Connection: - PI_INTEGRATIONSERVER

Goto SXMB_ADM (On application system) and open Integration engine configuration

Goto Edit->change global configuration and give the RFC dest name like this: -

2. Corresponding Integration server: - dest:// PI_INTEGRATIONSERVER(This is the destination created in the above step).

3. Also Role of Business system should be kept as Application system(its mandatory) And then save it.

Create one Target Communcation channel adapter type XI.

for more information proxy runtime configuration please refer the below link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/e0ac1a33-debf-2c10-45bf-fb19f6e15649&override...

regards,

Ramesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Create your product first, then create necessary Software Components of that products. Depending on your requirement the Product can be a system, a project or whatever you choose to categorize your development. Software component versions can be created directly from the same screen after you created your product.

Very little information is needed for creating a Third-Party Technical in SLD, merely system name (any given name) and hostname. Then add your newly created product.

For business system you need to select your new technical system, give a logical system name (which will be used in Integration Directory) and select your product again (it is already populated as installed on the technical system). Finally set which Integration Server it is related to.

Alternatively you can use Business Service in Integration Directory directly. That way you don't have to create Technical and Business systems in SLD.

For your sender file adapter you would probably need to grant OS-user ServiceSAP_<SID> access to the LAN-server. This is the user the adapter engine is using to pick up the file if you're using NFS-protocol in file adapter.

Br,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth

I have two questions

a) Since it is a flat file(THIRD PARTY) to ABAP proxy ( SAP ECC)

and I already have a business system for ECC is there a need to seperately create one for this interface ... on ECC side ....

also from the SAP BASIS I just need the Host name for the technical system right ?

for the product and the software component from the sender side .. i dnt think i require any input do I ?

b) I wanted to know , for my scenario where i am picking up a file from a server what all do I need to ask from the source side( sender) to configure my SLD

also When I am using Proxy as a receiver ., i will use SAP XI as an Adapter comunication channel , rite ?

thanks

Dev

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> a) Since it is a flat file(THIRD PARTY) to ABAP proxy ( SAP ECC)

> and I already have a business system for ECC is there a need to seperately create one for this interface ... on ECC side ....

If SAP ECC SYSTEM ALREADY AVAILABLE THEN YOU NO NEED TO CREATE ANYTHING,MOST OF TIMES SAP SYSTEMS WILL REGISTER AUTOMATICALLY,IF IT NOT USE RZ70 trasaction to register,check the logical system,clinet details in SLD.

> also from the SAP BASIS I just need the Host name for the technical system right ?

> for the product and the software component from the sender side .. i dnt think i require any input do I ?

You no need to create any thing for File ,BECAUSE YOU CAN USE BUSSINES service,if you have already software componet imported in to ESR,then no no need to create product or s/w component for File.

>

> b) I wanted to know , for my scenario where i am picking up a file from a server what all do I need to ask from the source side( sender) to configure my SLD

as i meantion its not reuired anything in SLD,but you can mainatain all details in communication chenale it self.

>

> also When I am using Proxy as a receiver ., i will use SAP XI as an Adapter comunication channel , rite ?

Yes its tru,you need to use XI adapter at receiver side.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to do next:

1. Create in SLD Technical system (type Third party).

2. Create Business System based on your Technical system.

3. Create in SLD your Product and Software Component.

4. Import your SWC to Integration Repository.

5. Assign your Third party Business system and ECC system and develop your scenario.

BR,

Dzmirty

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I will be using a sender file adapter so do I need to create a seperate user and give it access(user id and password) to poll 
and pick up the file ?

Yes access needs to be given to the user to pick file.

For part A...there is a wiki on Working with SLD....do have a look at it

Regards,

Abhishek.