cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Adobe Form AND Save a PDF file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We have a situation where I need to print the output of an Adobe Form (printing only, it is not dynamic) that is generated during the dispatch process. In this case it is a Picking slip, but the same will apply to other documents. Currently, this works well - the output is produced and sent to the correct printer.

A new requirement by the business is that they need an audit copy of this document. This document needs to be saved in a certain folder on a file server. I know I can do this by using the getPDF setting of SFPOUTPUTPARAMS, and I have done it before for other applications.

However (and this is the question!), it seems that when I set getPDF, the print output does not appear anymore. Can anyone explain to me how to produce BOTH print output and a file copy of the PDF at the same time please?

Thanks

Casper

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you´re in a hurry and/or nobody can provide a better solution, you can always write a FM to generate the form (in: form name, getpdf, out: pdf) and call it twice, first to print, next to get the form:)) That is not really clear solution, but works:)) Regards, Otto

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have found something for you, but you have to finish it for yourself:)) Please check here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/6d/bd2d828aa04eeb9451aad0d02ae9a0/frameset.htm

Features

Forms with different form designs and different languages are bundled together. The data in the forms can be different.

Form bundling is supported for the following scenarios:

● Print

● Print and archive

etc.

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SAP/ Adobe integration works the way SAP groups the Adobe Services Core calls to make it faster. I guess the grouping works as we would expect between OPEN and CLOSE_JOB. Maybe you can call the function twice without the damage of slowing down 2x. I have never tried and am not able to try by now. But it is an idea you can try. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - I'll give it a bash in the meantime, but leave the question open in case someone out there knows an elegant solution

If it works without serious performance issues, I will close the thread and award full points.

Kind regards,

Casper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Otto - I considered it, but from a processing speed point of view (it would process the form twice) I would like to avoid this option. It is a good idea though

Kind regards,

Casper