Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDN Forum Search and Firefox 1.5.0.3

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SDN fellows,

i have a minor issue. Normally I use the Firefox <i>(Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060426 Firefox/1.5.0.3)</i> for SDN, while I use Internet Explorer 6.0 for SAP Web Applications like SRM, XI... so I avoid, that an application's browser window in IE gets nicked by some other application.

But when seraching SDN, you often get to posts, which are - say - 5th or 6th answer. In Firefox this is the beginning (under the blue SDN header) and you cannot scroll up to the initializing question (it's just not there and which is most annoying) - which in my case I often want to do. Seems that in IE this works fine - I checked with 2 identical posts.

Also Firefox doesn't really stomach SAP SRM, XI etc so I can't do the other way around. Ok - SDN is EP, right? But I read somewhere here on SDN, that Firefox should work fine with EP.

Why is that? Do we necessarily have to use IE to greedily soak in all of SDN's most valuable experts-knowledge?

Is it a bug in SAP or Firefox?

thanx, matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are indeed scrolling problems with 1.5x

Officialy FF 1.5x isn't supported (yet) by SAP and you need to use 1.08.

Alternatively, you might have a look at extensions like IETab (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/). It works rather well (not 100% perfect though).

Eddy

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

ok - thanx Eddy. Tried the IE TAB thingy and it didn't really seem to work - but wot the f***

thanx anyway - maybe i check another browser like the one u mention.

matthias

Answers (0)