cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling HCM delta updates without Enhancement Pack 4?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there

In my organization we are due to various system dependencies not able to implement Enhancement Pack 4 before some time in 2011. For that reason we are not able to implement the standard flow for delta updates from HCM to IdM as described here:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04_sp/helpdata/en/2d/f09eee644b4c80b11e74861ef7b4fc/content.htm

When reading the documentation I note that the only thing that the delta download mode appears to enable is reading changed users in the table HRLDAP_PERNR, rather than using the selection option for PERNR in the report RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM. I might be naiive but it seems as if it would be fairly easy to replicate this delta functionality without the BAdI's that are introduced in Enh. Pack 4.

The second thing I note in the described HCM integration scenario is the following: "As of SAP NetWeaver Identity Management 7.1, the system automatically transfers and stores the data from the staging area to the identity store in the next step." How does this work in reality? In IdM 7.0 that we are currently employing there is a specific job that needs to be scheduled in IdM to compare yesterdays users in the HCM staging area with todays users. Only then is the central identity store loaded with the new users.

My thesis is therefore that, if I can somehow enable a delta extract in HCM, which is able to push the new users through VDS to IdM, then I effectively have the delta functionality which is ordinarily only available as from Enh. Pack 4. Can anyone out there confirm this thesis?

Best regards,

Anders

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, the time came and Enh. Pack 4 was implemented, so the question is not relevant for me anymore.

./Anders

paul_abrahamson_sap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We found that Ehp4 IS necessary for the BAdIs to write back to HCM. We didn't have Ehp4 and managed to get the LDAP extraction working, but have just implemented Ehp4 for the write back and this now works correctly.

For others following in our footsteps: Warning Ehp4 is not a trivial process. Plan sufficient time for the upgrade of your ERP instances, even if none of the additional functionality is being switched on. Our normal Support Package Stack application cycle takes us 2 to 3 weeks to implement, test and roll into production. Applying Ehp4 took almost two weeks of background processing just to get it loaded into development. The total Ehp4 application was about 6 weeks work for all of our teams involved in the basis, functional and development areas. DON'T underestimate this!!

Good luck.