Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status of profile beneath Authorization tab

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have encounter a issue in role. In authorization tab status of profile is shown as "Profile comparison is required". Traffic signal for Authorization tab is Red. However authorizations beneath these roles are reflecting in user buffer.

I am unable to compare user buffer for the same and it is throwing a message as "update profile first, then compare user master record"

What is the impact for this is not sure to me. Also what is the meaning of status "Profile comparison is required" appeared in Authorization tab.

In DEV and QA system everything is fine. This is for Production system.

Arpan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have encounter a issue in role. In authorization tab status of profile is shown as "Profile comparison is required". Traffic signal for Authorization tab is Red. However authorizations beneath these roles are reflecting in user buffer.

This means the system has detected that the authorizations in the role where altered and the profile wasn't regenerated afterwards. The user still has the old authorizations in his/her buffer.

> is throwing a message as "update profile first, then compare user master record"

That is exactly what you should do.

> What is the impact for this is not sure to me.

The authorizations in the role and the authorizations in the profile linked to the user may be inconsistent. That's your impact.

> Also what is the meaning of status "Profile comparison is required" appeared in Authorization tab.

See above.

> In DEV and QA system everything is fine. This is for Production system.

That's strange. Was this role transported or uploaded into production?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Sometimes when you transport role from DEV/QAS, the profile is not generated in production system.

So goto PFCG, open role in display mode and generate the profile manually.

I hope it will resolve your problem.

Best Regards

Imran

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have encounter a issue in role. In authorization tab status of profile is shown as "Profile comparison is required". Traffic signal for Authorization tab is Red. However authorizations beneath these roles are reflecting in user buffer.

This means the system has detected that the authorizations in the role where altered and the profile wasn't regenerated afterwards. The user still has the old authorizations in his/her buffer.

> is throwing a message as "update profile first, then compare user master record"

That is exactly what you should do.

> What is the impact for this is not sure to me.

The authorizations in the role and the authorizations in the profile linked to the user may be inconsistent. That's your impact.

> Also what is the meaning of status "Profile comparison is required" appeared in Authorization tab.

See above.

> In DEV and QA system everything is fine. This is for Production system.

That's strange. Was this role transported or uploaded into production?

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

Yeah that's what happened. I look more into change history of profile and it confirms that. However later some changes happened to this role in dev and transported to QA so everything is fine... Thanks a lot.