Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE TO IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

i have to develop a scenario in PI . The Scenario is as follows

I am receiving an csv file and it needs to be converted into IDOC and should be sent to the SAP system. The mapping should be used is JAVA Mapping.

My doubt here is

1) We create only the Sender DT,MT and MI and i think no need to create the Receiver DT,MT,MI as it is an IDOC???

am i right?

2) Should we use the FCC here??

Thanx in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For receiver, you can import the IDOc from R/3 and u can use that as your interface. No need to create separate DT, MT, MI for receiver.

And you have to use FCC, so that you can give your CSV file structure. Based on the FCC the data will be translated to XML. As Xi cant understand CSV format.

Regards

Manisha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can directly use the Imported idoc,

U have to write FCC to pick up the CSV file in sender file addapter.

U can refer few of the scenarios-

File To IDOC - Part1 (SLD and Design):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/05/11/fileToIDOC&

File To IDOC - Part2 (Configuration):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/05/11/fileToIDOC-Part2+(Configuration)&

File To IDOC - Part3 (Steps required in XI and R3):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/05/11/fileToIDOC-Part3(StepsrequiredinXIandR3)&

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

> 1) We create only the Sender DT,MT and MI and i think no need to create the Receiver DT,MT,MI as it is an IDOC???

> am i right?

Yes, Idoc having the predefined structure and it acts as sender as well as receiver. So no need to create DT, MT or MI.

> 2) Should we use the FCC here??

Yes, you have to use the FCC parameters because you are getting the CSV file so sender side you have to use the FCC.

Check this links for FCC at sender side

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File%2bcontent%2bto%2bFile%2bcontent%2bdata%2bconversion

/people/karthiknarayan.kesavan2/blog/2007/08/22/file-content-conversion-for-multi-hierarchical-structure this is for multiple structures

Regards

Ramesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1) We create only the Sender DT,MT and MI and i think no need to create the Receiver DT,MT,MI as it is an IDOC???
am i right?

Yes ....though you can create receiver MI based on your IDOC

2) Should we use the FCC here??

Yes....since the file is in CSV format you have to use FCC in Sender File channel.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For the above scenario the Message Interface will be " inbound" or "outbound"???

confused here

help me out

thnax

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the above scenario the Message Interface will be " inbound" or "outbound"???

confused here

In the FS it's given as "inbound"

please help me out

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Message Interface that we create at the sender side (no matter what the sender system is) should be Outbound

The Message Interface that we create at the receiver side (no matter what the receiver system is) should be Inbound

In your case the Message Interface on the File side will be Outbound and if you create at the receiver side also (for IDOC) then it will be Inbound for IDOC

Only when you use BPM (integration Process) the message interface should be created as Abstract .... just for your info....not related to your question

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

In my Functional Document it was given as "Direction as INBOUND(with respect to SAP R/3 system).

so i am confused whetehr i shld use MI as INBOUND or OUTBOUND???

The Scenario is as follows

I am receiving an csv file from a 3rd pary system and it needs to be converted into IDOC and should be sent to the SAP system

thanx

Edited by: vemugantivn on Dec 10, 2009 10:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Abhishek

> In my Functional Document it was given as "Direction as INBOUND(with respect to SAP R/3 system).

> so i am confused whetehr i shld use MI as INBOUND or OUTBOUND???

>

> thanx

Hi,

Yes the idoc will be inbound to the SAP R/3 System that's correct and also you need to create the inbound message interface only..(for idoc no need to create message interface..)

Naming Convention is with respect to the systems and not w.r.t to PI...

HTH

Rajesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The functional document is correct....it is inbound only for R3 end....since it is FILE --> IDOC scenario

the outbound and inbound that we associate with the message interfaces are with respect to the Sender and Receiver systems, respectively and not SAP XI/ PI

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

ok you mean to say that when i develop the MI in real time then the MI direction will be "inbound" and "asynchronous"

i hope i am right here.

thanx

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i hope i am right here.

Yes you are right.....this should be done for creating MI for the IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

> ok you mean to say that when i develop the MI in real time then the MI direction will be "inbound" and "asynchronous"

> i hope i am right here.

Scenario is File to IDoc, so you need to create the sender side File direction as outbound and type as asynchronous.

No need to create any thing for the Idoc.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Scenario is File to IDoc, so you need to create the sender side File direction as outbound and type as asynchronous.

> No need to create any thing for the Idoc.

Yes exactly no need to create anything for idoc...

Rajesh