cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Credit Note

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to create a credit note for deduct the order amount due to a service charge, I try to create a credit memo order, by need to input the item qty, acutally, i just want to deduct the total order amount. What should i do. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i just want to deduct the total order amount.

In such case, follow FI route-

where you can issue credit note only with the amount not with any material & qtty.

Use FB70-to issue Credit note with only amount.

But if you want to follow SD route to issue a Credit note,as said above by all mates, Material & qtty is required.

Just for issuing credit note with certain amount, then you can enter Material & qtty as "1" & enter the amount. Issue credit note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes to give credit in amount to customer go via FI route,

Use T.Code FB70, to issue Credit note with only amount to customer.

In SD you must have to provide the quantity as system will calculate the credit mount based upon quantity.

regards

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create credit memo request wrt your original invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Credit Memo is used to give the reverse to customer upon overbilling.

This Credit memo request is created with reference to the Billing document ( to this the copy control entries to be maintained T.code VTFA, alongwith credit memo request as sales docuemnt type T.code VOV8)

Standard SAP the credit memo request is defined as CR (Credit Memo Request) with order related billing type G2 (Credit Memo), T.Code VOV8.

With reference to sales docuemnt type Credit Memeo request you may create the Credit Memo which will be used to give the reversal to customer , and once you release this document to the accounting all the Accounting entries for that amount (AR) will be effected.

revert me if you have more query on this reference.

regards

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CREDIT MEMO is used to compensate the customer for overbilling

In this you can give the customer the additional amount charged, but you can reduce the amount of the Originally created order.

This Credit memo request is created with reference to the Billing document ( provided you maintain the Reference mandatory setting in VOV8)

With reference to CREDIT MEMO reques you can create the CREDIT MEMO which will be used to compensate the customer , and once you release this document to the accounting all the Accounting entries for that amount will be effected.

hope it is clear,

please revert in case if you have any queries

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

But how can I input the specific amount. thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

In va01 once your provide the billing document number against you want to create credit memo request system will copy the data from billing document, in credit memo request you may change the quantity to reduce the amount of credit.

KIndly note system will copy the hole biling quantity in credit memo request, hence to reduce the proposed credit amount you need to change the quantity.

regards

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i don't issue a credit memo, instead of add a service item and input the negative amount, it is ok? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you aksing to add the service item in sales order it self in place of credit memo request for reversal??

This you can try at your end, but generally credit memo will be created to reverse the billing, and as you asked the billing is not yet done, then why you want the credit to be give to customer?

regards

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the problem is i wanna deduct a certain of amount, if create a credit memo, it only allow me the input quantity. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SD the prices are calculated based upon quantity, in credit memo request the pricing procedure will be calculate the credit amount based upon quantity, as invoice also created on quantity, in this case it is advisable to reverse the amount in multiplication on quantity.

If you want to give the credit in lum sum amount to customer, go via FI route and pass an GV (General voucher) to provide the credit of lum sum amount to customer.

regards

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

that mean don't create a credit memo, intead of create a FI document to deduct the amount when posting? Thanks!