cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transaction being exected thrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

my scenario has an transaction query which has transaction to insert few rows and then a grid-display template.

whenever i execute transaction or transaction query independently,insertion of rows into database happens once as needed where as when i execute the corresponding irpt the transaction is executed thrice resulting in insertion of rows thrice.

pls guide me to fix it

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using the iGrid to show data then you will need to map your display columns into the template - this will eliminate the triple execution. If the grid is not visible or you do not need display purposes, then the iCommand is a better choice for your applet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you pointed, I dont want to dispaly anything , but I want to know if my transaction query is executed succesfully or not ,depending on which I ll redirect the page.

Also could you please provide detail help to configure icommand template.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please look in the Best Practice guide mentioned in one of the sticky threads at the top of the forum. Then search for "executeCommand" in the document, it will show you how to call the query execution you desire and react accordingly to the success or error.

Answers (0)