cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:Pack size in WE20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to know what is exact use of Pack size in WE20, i read many blogs ,still i am configued ,

eg:i have give 10 as size , then i will trigger 20 what will happen. please give needful information.

Thanks&Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
eg:i have give 10 as size , then i will trigger 20 what will happen. please give needful information.

Two packages will be created each one with 10 IDOCs

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

addition to the above hope you are aware that you need to schedule the report RDB... for sending the idocs from the ALE layer to the target systems....

its based on like this...if you have scheduled a report and idocs are 9 then those idocs will be sent to target systems..

if it is like 20 then as siad two transactions will get created with each as 10 idocs...

HTH

Rajesh

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

Idoc pacakage size refers the Number of IDocs sent per RFC (ALE scenario).

But its not possible to sent multiple IDocs in 1 packet to XI .

"IDOC packects from R3 are not received as packets in XI

they are received as one by one "

Regards

Abhijit

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is handled in SAP PI7.1 EhP1.....all the IDOCs are sent/ recived as one package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In EHP1, You can process the idocs in one package in PI.

All the Idocs of one pack will have same msg ID and same transaction ID and all the IDOCS will prcess in one message in PI.

IDoc packages received from the sender system are not split into individual IDocs given that the package size in sender system partner profile and in sender IDoc channel are the same.

If the package size in the sender system partner profile is greater than that specified in the sender IDoc adapter then the incoming package is split accordingly and the remaining IDocs are processed as part of another message in PI.

If the package size in the sender system partner profile is less than that specified in the sender IDoc adapter then the incoming packages are processed individually and there is no clubbing of packages in PI.

Regards

Manisha

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayan,

>>i have give 10 as size , then i will trigger 20 what will happen.

If you have a packet size x and you triggered y idocs at a time then:

if x>y all will go in as a single transaction out of ECC

if x< y, x idocs will be collected and sent out of ECC as a packet remaining idoc (ie y = y-x) will again check for these two conditions

so in your case it will be 1 packet.. but if you hd triggered 5 idocs then also it would have gone out as a single bundle (because packet size 10 > number of idocs triggered ie 5).

if you have triggered 15 idocs then there would have been two packets (onw with 10 idocs and other one with 5 idocs)

Regards

Suraj