cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Material Description in Arabic for Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a custom smartform for printing the PO, Sales Invoice.

The material description is maintained from RTL-Arabic language in Material Master(MM02) - محبس بليه بلاكورين 75م.

I need to print the above material description alone within the Item window in arabic language as displayed above but it is getting reversed when I see the print preview of PO and Sales Invoice.

Initially, I got to know from some SDN forum replies that we need to enable Arabic Font in our workstation(PC) so that it can be solved and then some suggested that Arabic font should be installed in SAP system.(Tried both the options, but could not resolve issue).

Even we tried in SE63 to translate the text but we couldnot.

SE63->Translation->ABAP Objects->Other Long texts->FS(Forms & Styles)->SSF->Smartform Name->Source/Target Lang->Edit. Window with the english version opens at the top and at the bottom, there is an editable window for translation.

But I could not further proceed as I didnt know how to do translation for the text elements.

Correct me if I am wrong in these steps.

Could anyone suggest me a solution to resolve this issue and explain the steps to do the translation in SE63.

Earliest reponse will be appreciated.

Rgds,

JK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are using the text element.. then in place of the SF name enter the text element name and maintain the translated language in the editable section, copy and past all the arabic charaters.. and activate the form and see if that works..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

If I enter the text element name in SE63, it is not allowing me to edit.

But even when I create a text module and tried translating it in SE63, it is displayed in reverse form.

Suggest me at the earliest.

Rgds,

JK

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok I think, u can use string reverse function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

Yes we tried using the STRING_REVERSE FM. But the thing is the description contain some numerals in between the text, so it get reversed if we use the FM. So it wont suit our purpose.

Is there any printer configuration to be done to resolve this issue? Or any other settings within the smartform?

We have to display the text as maintained in Material Master, the variable get populated correctly while debugging but it get reversed when we look at the print preview.

Rgds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the same problem............i tried in many ways.......but still the problem exist...

Pls help......