cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder level restrictions in SAP EASY DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we restrict users for folder level access in sap easy dms.using ACL is what mentioned in installation guide.But if there are hundreds of folders ,how do we do.

Regards,

Sandhya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sandhya

As Surya said, "Folder" is also a doc type.

What you can do is, configure as many document type ( "Folder" ) you want to have & then using roles & authorization, authorize particular SAP log id, to the "Folder", you want him/her to access. For creation authorizations, just take your Basis consultant's help.

Thanks

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys ,But i am looking to restrict a FOLDER with its name in the folder structure of SAP Easy dms.

But as u told to restrict it as a DOC TYPE,we can only restrict itfor create,change,delete,display etc.and what i am looking is to restrict particular user to a particular folder name.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sandhya

As for as I know, that's not possible.

Anyways, lets wait, what others have to say on it.

Thanks

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using ACL would be preferable, you can set noauth activity for those folders.

other way might be to write an exit from function module CV115_CUST_AUTHORITY_CHECK - customer_authority_check or implement the badi method DOCUMENT_AUTH01~check_authority

Regards

Surjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folder is also a doc type

the monenclature for folder is also like a document type, so.....as how u control the document type.....we can control the acess of folders also

regards

surya