cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving deleted View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I accidently deleted a view from my WDJ apllication.

Is there any way to get this view back without reverting the current activity and creating the project again from the DTR.

Any pointers shall be highly appreciated.

TIA

Himanshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please revert the entries in the activity that pointing to the view you have deleted and check in. You can synch the sources again.

Regards,

Saravanan K

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu

Revert just the deleted view files (.wdview, .wdcontroller, .xlf), not the whole activity. After this Sync again the project to the active DTR version. The operation will recreate the deleted files from DTR without touching the files modified by you.

BR, Siarhei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

Because you have used the activity (under which view got deleted) for making several modifications across various controllers in the component, reverting the complete activity would be irrelevant. At the same time, the modifications made over various controllers in the component is stored under sub-activities within the activity. Reverting the sub-activity for the view would do. But, many a times revert doesn't get reflected on the studio. All you could do is revert the sub-actvity, restart the NWDS so that the local workspace re-initialized and reload the project. Without the same activity being reverted, or sub-activity being reverted, recovering the view is impossible in my knowledge.

Other option is to create a new view and the copy past the context, implementation, layout and do all the bindings and mappings. This would be hectic but is much preferable if the 1st option doesn't work. Copy-Pasting the View direcly from the back-up file to your component is not recommended.

Regards,

Tushar Sinha