cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Version Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to use the following blog so that I can send a mail.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417400)ID1415835150DB20085339665800400921End...

I believe there is some restriction on ADOBE VERSION. I am not able to ascertain it.

PLease let me know is there any problem with Adobe Reader version. I am currently using Reader 8.1.5.

Regards,

Aditya Deshpande

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, have you been able to solve this problem? Maybe you can share the result/ solution with us? Thank you, Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First: Arobat and Reader/ LiveCycle are pretty DIFFERENT platforms. What you create for one, may not work (probably won´t work) for the other. Note that there are JS derivation: AcroScript and LiveCycle JavaScript. I can recommend you to get the scripting reference and find a chapter where there are two columns to help you compare what function in Acrobat is equal to JS in LiveCycle.

Second: ACF is not really recommended to use, SAP recommends ZCI and if you search the forum, you will find that ACF is the source for most of the WD + Adobe issues around here. If you can, switch to ZCI. If you cannot, please make sure you have ACF installed/ configured/ enabled in your browser etc. (I don´t know the whole list what to configure to make it work).

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

I know ACF is not recommended but it is something I need to live with for some time...

I will look into comparison

thanks

Reagrds,

Aditya Deshpande

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well Otto I think Aditya mentioned regarding usage of Adobe Acrobat Pro for viewing PDFs and not developing.

You can use the Acrobat Pro version as well to view/edit/save the developed forms just the same way you would do it using Reader.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chintan is right. I am using Adobe acrobat 9 pro to view the pdf.

I am using livecycle designer 7.1 to design and code the PDF.

Now, Is it possibility that code mentioned in blog works only for adobe acrobat 9 pro and not for Adobe reader 8.1.5.

If it should work in reader 8.1.5 also then what should be the issue. I have used exactly the same code.

Regards,

Aditya Deshpande

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please answer these questions

1. Are you getting the Email address by making a call to a Web Service?

2. Which environment you design your form i.e. In JAVA through NWDS or through SFP/SE80 transaction within ABAP.

3. Is this a print form / interactive form?

Chintan

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why do you believe so? Have you found any evidence? I don´t think that is possible to have such a serious problem in a quite new Reader version. Are you sure the binding paths/ context paths you´re using are correct? Are you sure your scripting is working and in proper scripting language?

Please provide a better description of your problem. What you have done and works and from what point it does not work.

Regards, Otto

p.s.: are you SURE you have adapted all the parts of the tutorial solution for your form? I mean addressing all the elements can be a little tricky...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

I have implemented the same code.

When i use ADobe Acorobat 9 pro, it works there.

When I use adobe reader 8.0 or reader 8.13 or 8.1.5.

It does not work.

I have SAP FORMS as my plug ins i.e ACF.

Hence it should be reader version issue.

Since acrobat is costlier version I wanted to be sure whether or not it can used any version below.

Regards,

Aditya Deshpande

Edited by: Aditya Deshpande on Dec 9, 2009 9:59 AM

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well if you feel there is some restriction then test it with some other version and confirm it.

SAP does not mention any issues till Adobe Reader 9.1 and I have developed Online/Offline forms and used Reader till v9.1.

Chintan