cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding FTP Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The scenario is File to RFC and in sender communication channel of the File Adapter the message protocol is File Transfer Protocol(FTP).

If the connection is broken between PI/XI and FTP server then the file is not picked up as per rule but when the connection is established between PI/XI and FTP server then the file should pick up automatically according to specified polling interval.

But this is not happening and in the communication channel the error is "Connection reset" i.e. the message when the connection was broken and when the connection established the error log should be refreshed and the file should picked up.

If in communication channel I make "Stop" and "Start" then the file is picked up and processed.

Please help me to solve the issue i.e. when the connection is established the file should picked up automatically.

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

In FTP Sender Channel...select the connection mode as Permenently.

1) Connection Mode : a)If you select Permanently, an existing connection to the FTP server is used.

The connection is reestablished automatically if it is closed by the server.

b) If you select Per File Transfer, a new connection to the FTP server is established for each file transfer.

Regards

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abijit,

Thanks for the response.

I have selected the connection mode as "Permanently" but the problem is still there.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me to solve the problem...

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem was solved making the data connection mode as Active to Passive and change to Automatic control in Communication channel.