cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a valid NCName

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to test a web service in portal base WAS server WS Navigator and i am getting an error right on the first step. Error is as stated below:

Value of attribute definations/services@name is not a valid NCName, as required by WSDL1.1 and BP1.1 specification. Found 'Namespace'/WS_Funds_Plan_Service.

I think cause of error is '/'. But some how i have to rectify the error and have to use this service. Please suggest a solution.

Regards

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

I was facing this issue sometime back and i figured out that the ABAP proxy namespace in my case had a '/' in it, because of which the internal name of the service had a '/' character too.

And this was unacceptable for the endpoint binding name in my case.

Since it is occuring for you in case of the service name (i figured it out from attribute definations/services@name), check if the proxy name have a special character like '/'.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek we managed to find out an OSS note for it.

Regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to paste a url in Xcelsius based on a query generated in QAAWS. The Universe is designed based on SAP - BW cube.

Even if I choose a single key figure, I get an error of

'Net_Sales Plan' is not a valid NCName.

I tried creating a simple universe, however when I choose any key figure I get the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pranav,

How did you resolve this error.

Abhijit

Answers (0)