cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to define the parameters for JSPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anybody point out where to define the parameters for JSPM and SDM? Such as the paramters for trans directory, etc.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member906139
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The parameter like trans DIR is mentioned in SAP systems profile for JSPM.

Parameter is DIR_EPS_ROOT

Memory related parameter are hardcoded in JSPM/SDM scripts.

Regards,

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

My problem is that from the JSPM log I can see that the TRANS directory is pointing to something like

XXXXX\trans\

I did a global search for XXXX including the directories you mentioned but failed to find XXXX.

Since nowhere is XXXXX defined, why JSPM is looking for that? I also looked into configtool but nothing found.

Please advise further.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi cz,

Will you please post us the latest entries of this JSPM error?

Regards

Sekhar

former_member906139
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the path
XXXXX\trans is not the correct path ( and it should not be). please maintain profile parameter as follows

DIR_EPS_ROOT = <path to your trans dir>\EPS

Ex : DIR_EPS_ROOT = \usr\sap\trans\EPS\

And now start JSPM, it will read this new path and will work correctly.

Regards,

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

My problem is that I cannot find where is
XXXX\trans defined on E:, C:, R:, D:, ...

Therefore I think DIR_EPS_ROOT is not the variable defined as
XXXX\trans.

The JSPM log complains that it cannot find
XXXX\trans.

Which file should contain DIR_EPS_ROOT? /usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile/<instance-profile>? This is a JAVA only system.

I will post the exact log tomorrow.

Please advise. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for /jspm/inbox parameter at ../JSPM/param/jspm_config.txt file.

Regards,

Vasil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is part of the JSPM.log:

I want to re-iterate that XXXX is NOT defined in any of the files or directories your people mentioned.

Please help pin-point the problem. Thanks!

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:05 PM [Info]: Waiting for process ID 12, name sappfpar to finish.

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:05 PM [Info]: Process ID 12, name sappfpar has been finished, exit code 0.

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:05 PM [Info]: Detection of message server port has finished. Message server port is 3901.

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:05 PM [Info]: Extraction of system parameters from instance profile has finished.

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:05 PM [Info]: JSPM data model has been initialized.

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:05 PM [Info]: Extracting system parameters from central instance profile...

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:05 PM [Info]: Detecting Inbox directory...

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:05 PM [Info]: Process ID 13, name sappfpar has been started.

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:05 PM [Info]: Command line: sappfpar pf=//atlantabw20/sapmnt/QB1/SYS/profile/QB1_JC00_atlantabw20 DIR_EPS_ROOT

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:05 PM [Info]: Standard out: E:\usr\sap\QB1\JC00\j2ee\JSPM\tmp\Sappfpar_01.out

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:05 PM [Info]: Process ID 13 has been started.

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:05 PM [Info]: Waiting for process ID 13, name sappfpar to finish.

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:06 PM [Info]: Process ID 13, name sappfpar has been finished, exit code 0.

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:06 PM [Error]: Cannot create directory
XXXX\sapmnt\trans\EPS\in: java.io.File.mkdirs() method returned false.

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:06 PM [Error]: Global EPS inbox directory
XXXX\sapmnt\trans\EPS\in is missing and cannot be created automatically. Try to create it manually and restart the JSPM tool.

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:06 PM [Info]: Detection of Inbox directory has finished. Inbox directory is
XXXX\sapmnt\trans\EPS\in.

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:06 PM [Info]: Determining CMS inbox directory...

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:06 PM [Info]: Determination of CMS inbox directory has finished. CMS inbox directory is
XXXX\sapmnt\trans\EPS\in\CMSatlantabw20QB1.

Dec 8, 2009 10:07:06 PM [Info]: Extraction of system parameters from instance profile has finished.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not know from where sappfpar executable is getting the DIR_EPS_ROOT value as //XXXX/....

I tried to search a lot but in vain.

Temporarily you can change the EPS inbox for JSPM as given in the below link. Do not use DIR_EPS_ROOT to set the inbox directory as it is not recommended.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/941e66633821b5e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Cheers....,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi cz,

Are you sure about your global share directory, i.e sapmmnt (which is your sap direcotry share)?

This the share where you find ....\trans\EPS\in from where JSPM reads to SCA/SDA file for deployment.

If you using Windows OS, then try to access this share to see if it's accessible

Provide all necessory authorizations if you are using Unix/ Windows

Please retry

Regards

Sekhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure what sort of changes you are looking at, but both JSPM & SDM works on default settings

And JSPM looks for files located in \usr\sap\trans\EPS\in folder and for SDM souce of files location could anywhere within the system ....you can still deploy.

And it's not advised to make any changes to these areas unless you have strong reason

You can look for JSPM config parameters within JSPM ->Param->jspm_config file

I hope you understand this.

Regards

Sekhar

Edited by: sekhar on Dec 9, 2009 5:16 AM

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check [Changing JSPM Configuration Parameters|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/47/833ebfaa58500ce10000000a421937/content.htm]