cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rare behavior after uncompresing SAPHOSTAGENT.SAR file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once again I found a problem trying to install the new version of SAPHOSTAGENT for Netweaver Kernel 7.1. Not far ago, probably 3 weeks I tried to install the new SAPHOSTAGENT to the DEV system of our Netweaver PI 7.1 but every time we downloaded the file that contained the 57th patch something extrange happened. We used the lattest SAPCAR to uncompress the file but after this if we try to execute any of the files contained in the umcompressed directory, the system shows "The system cannot execute the specified program"

We decided to wait for the next patch (No. 58) for the same SAPHOSTAGENT and after we uncompress the file the same problem happened. But the No 56 worked with no problems at all and it was downloaded the same way...

We have Netweaver PI 7.1 running on top of Windows 2003 x86 64bits and Oracle 10.2.0 Database and the file is SAPHOSTAGENT_58-10004213.SAR

Have any of you experienced something like this before?

Thanks in advanced,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had a similar situation,

Read Note 684106 - Microsoft runtime DLLs

That might fix your problem

Saludos

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the note but unfortunately did not solve my problem, I tried everything the note asked to do but no luck.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem is related to the SAP Note 1375494, we received this answer from an OSS message we opened. Check the date for the note from 04 December 2009 so this is really new.

This Microsoft Fix must be applied to all Windows 2003 and 2008 servers and if your SAP System Kernel is 7.01 or higher you could face the same problem we had.

Have a nice day,

Answers (0)