Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SECURITY Objects S_BTCH_NAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to know I have a AUTH OBJECT which IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO with,

it is S_BTCH_NAM.

I have given a role access to SM36 transaction, AND i was prompted to add something to the following object

S_BTCH_NAM.

this is for, Background Processing: Background User Name

field name BTCUNAME (Background User Name for Authorization Check)

What do I place here?

I have given the following in the folloiwng AUTH object

S_BTCH_JOB

(BEING ABLE TO DELETE JOBS)

any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

S_BTCH_NAM u2013 It is auth object that is needed if user needs to have ability to run a job under some other user id than his own.

For example you have SM36 but when you are scheduling a background job, your user id does not have access to that report or t-code..so what you do you can change the user id to some super user id that has that access and run it. You need S_BTCH_NAM with that super user id value to have authorization to change the user id.

Audit looks at this object closely, so avoid it if you do not want somebody to have access to run a background job for which he himself does not have access by changing the user id to Super user id.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you have read the object documentation, what is causing confusion?

No-one can tell you what to put there as we don't know your control objectives.

Former Member
0 Kudos

S_BTCH_NAM u2013 It is auth object that is needed if user needs to have ability to run a job under some other user id than his own.

For example you have SM36 but when you are scheduling a background job, your user id does not have access to that report or t-code..so what you do you can change the user id to some super user id that has that access and run it. You need S_BTCH_NAM with that super user id value to have authorization to change the user id.

Audit looks at this object closely, so avoid it if you do not want somebody to have access to run a background job for which he himself does not have access by changing the user id to Super user id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried using the search or even reading the FAQ thread or help.sap.com documentation?

If you post lazy questions you might get lazy responses (like me clicking on the "Thread Locked" button, which is much easier than doing a basic search for you...).

Please use the search first, and then refine your question to something more meaningfull (e.g. where you get stuck after reading the documentation and trying it out...).

Cheers,

Julius