cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking alternate nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I wish the PPDS to pick alternate modes in DS board or automatic run, using reschedule/SAP0001 function(hope this is the correct one). I made following settings

I have a ppm with alternate resources. Each resource has different capacity consumption(hope this is ok?)

Resources are finite capacity

DS strategy is finite slot/forward, select any mode is active, lowest mode priority is set to O, while modes are A & B. In scheduling sequence no selection is made(don't know what to select)

Created multiple PP orders (infinite strategy/backward scheduling) at the end of planning period. This schedules orders on mode A resource. I wish the system pick the alternate mode when I reschedule/SAP0001 function. This is not happening with the above settings. Welcomes any suggestion.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vardev,

Few questions

What type of resource you are using single mixed / Multi mixed?

Can you just try in DS board reschedule function by selecting one order whether it works?

Find slot forwards will try to find slot in future from current order dates if at that time there is overload on current resource and slot is free at alternative resource it will schedule order on alternative resource.

I will suggest check whether alternative mode has sufficient free slot from current start date of order as you have mentioned capacity consumption is different for alternative resources. If alternative resource requires more time that much free slot may not be available upto end of planning horizon from current order start date you can check this by manual drag drop to alternative resource.

Let me know this sorts out problem or not.

Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's very helpful.

Answers (0)