Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Unix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will do a sap installation on UNIX and I found this doubts:

1-.Is mandatory to update the scripts of sap for install databse oracle? The file that contain the scripts is RDBMS_sap_x64.

2-.How can install the JRE 1.4.2 on SOLARIS?

3-.Is mandatory to make a project for user ROOT? Only for this?

4-.Is mandatory to create a file system for the directory <mount> <user> <oracle>? Or I can do it the installation without to define this file system? What is the difference about declare the file system for this folder or not?

More thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> 1-.Is mandatory to update the scripts of sap for install databse oracle? The file that contain the scripts is RDBMS_sap_x64.

>

Yes, always use latest RDBMS zip file if RUNINSTALLER script has some bug then it can be removed in latest script.

> 2-.How can install the JRE 1.4.2 on SOLARIS?

>

Download from sun and install it.

> 3-.Is mandatory to make a project for user ROOT? Only for this?

>

Check SAP Note 724713 - parameter settings for Solaris 10

> 4-.Is mandatory to create a file system for the directory <mount> <user> <oracle>? Or I can do it the installation without to define this file system? What is the difference about declare the file system for this folder or not?

>

If you want to install database then without file system how will you install it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

With the four question, in the installation guide says that if you don´t define a file system for the DB, the sapinst install in the file system of the root. And this is my doubt, if it´s good to make in the file system of root or is better to create one for the DB.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't create file system in root. Mount separate file system for your database.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Then the file system is as logical partition on the phisical disk,not?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Ok, Then the file system is as logical partition on the phisical disk,not?

Usually it's a separate disk with separate filesystem and separate mount options, not a partition.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then If I follow the installation guide in the chapter of SAP directories and ORACLE directories I´ve to create the next File System:

-

-

SAP

/usr/sap/trans

-

-

ORACLE

/oracle

/oracle/client

/oracle/stage/102_64

/oracle//sapdata4

-

-

This File systems have to been declared before to run sapinst for to make the installation of the sap system?

I´ve to specified more or less the space required for every file system?

I´ve to declare the file system with the path /oracle/DBSID before to install the Oracle database software and Installation database?

It´s necessary to declare every file system por origlog A, origlogB, mirrorlogA, mirrorlogB? It´s not sufficient declaring the file system /oracle//orig_mirr and under this file system put the origlogA, and mirrorlogB, and create other file system for the origlogB and mirrorlogA?

I don´t understand much the concept about the file system, How it works?

More thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This File systems have to been declared before to run sapinst for to make the installation of the sap system?

yes

I don´t understand much the concept about the file system, How it works?

I suggest you get a good book on Oracle and its concepts. Those filesystems are necessary to ensure a contiguous integrity in case one of the files gets corrupt.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus,

I´ve an idea about the concepts of the architecture of Oracle, but less about UNIX.

I´ve to define every file system of every directory that installation guide says, and always before to begin the installation.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´ve to define every file system of every directory that installation guide says, and always before to begin the installation.

if you use the standard/default installation, yes. You can, however, e. g. configure to have only two redo log groups instead of four, mirror the redo logs or not etc.

Whether those filesystems are only subdirectories or separate filesystems is a matter of performance and safety. Both work.

Markus

Answers (0)