cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPL Search Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the process of inital screening of my business partner in GTS. I have around 600K Business partners. With my current configuration for

1. Control Procedure for Address Comparison

2. Control Settings for "Sanctioned Party List Screening" Service

3. Exclusion texts , I am getting a screening result as follows.

Name in BP master record : JONES LANG LASALLE AMERICAS INC

Name in SPL master :W.R. Jones Company

I have set the control procedure for Name as "Basis for Comparision if from partner Address" and a match rate of 90% both on Search Term Origin & Basic Val. No. Terms.

Now in screening the above record is showing as SPL match because the word Jones is matching 100%.

Is there a way I can make my screenign strategy more stringent, that atleast two search terms should match to list as SPL match ??

Also since the SPL hit list is very high is there any way to relesae the partners in mass ???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I'm sure you're seeing, SPL can be setup a hundred different ways (just like anything else in SAP and GTS). Ninety-nine of those ways are not going to give you the optimal balance between diligence and effort that your client needs. My company has spent many 100's of hours doing internal prototyping and working with clients over the last year or so in discovering all the inner workings of SPL (which we're hoping to present these best practices at ASUG/Sapphire next year).

My point is just that you'll get lots of advice on here and you can make a lot of tweaks, but you should be prepared to do a great deal of prototyping yourself to arrive at an optimal solution (and to even know what "optimal" is...because it's not about the hit rate).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As Robert W says you may end up tuning the spl for hrs still end up with some BP's on the other side of the river.

I think you should move you known good bp's to positive list if they are caught by SPL scanning ..

cheers

mkr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh, you should keep in mind that if your SPL is setup properly, there is no need to ever use the positive list. The use of the positive list creates unnecessary design and process complexity, while creating a compliance gap.

This is a common situation that we've seen at quite a few clients, as it seems to be the most obvious solution to the problem of a too high hit rate (or of having repeat hits). But like many obvious "cures", it simply deals with the symptoms and allows the "problem" to be more bearable...until you get into trouble (true for SPL, as it is for a person's health, the world economy or global warming).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you started already TC /SAPSLL/SPL_RESET to initalize settings. Have you already SP10 with GTS 7.2?

It is possible to tell the system match-quote of a single word and also of all words. In my opinion your example should not be a match.

Regards Tobias