cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block the ability to modify Item Description in Sales Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I want to make (for a selected number of people, possibly a user group) unable to modify the Item Description (VBAP-ARKTX) field in transactions VA01 and VA02.

This would then ensure its consistent from Material Master to Invoice/Order etc.

I have looked at authorisations, however, I don't think it's possible there. What about a Screen variant, but I'm not sure if you can restrict the varient to certain people??

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have achieved this by creating a variant in transaction SHD0 and assigning it to the document types in the configuration. In the variant, the field was marked as "output only" (or something like that).

It's very easy and does not require any ABAP development / modifications, unlike the options mentioned above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks guys.

Jelena, can this be made to apply to only a select user group say? Can you elaborate?

Many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you create Transaction and Screen Variants using T.Code SHD0, the changes will be applicable for all users.

regards

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, even if you create it for a specific Order Type or Sales Group?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an option of user assignment under standard variants, here you can assign the user, for which the variant will be applicable.

regards

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I have had a good play around with this, however, the screen variants only seem to be working for fields in wither the header of the menu bar. Some fields in the item detail, item overview etc will work, however, when i select "Output Only" or "W.Content" for the field VBAP-ARKTX, the changes do not appear to work.

When I go back into the test mode, i pull and item through and I'm still able to modify the description.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

insert following code in userexit_field_modification in include MV45AFZZ:

CASE SCREEN-NAME.

WHEN 'VBAP-ARKTX'.

IF SY-UNAME = 'XXXXXXXXX'

screen-input = '0'

ENDIF.

ENDCASE.

Best regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben,

In MV45afzz you can do a check in form userexit_field_modification like:

if screen-name = VBAP-ARKTX and "no auth" based on your requirements.

screen-input = 0.

endif.

Hope this helps,

Matt