cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would be the web servendpoint for a scenario using sender SOAP adapter

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have setup a scenario to consume a Service interface in SAP namespace. This is a asynch inbound SI which is not point to point enabled which means the WSDL we get are only the definitions with no endpoints. So I exported it as an external definition which I will then use as sender interface so the scenario looks like this:

Third Party -> SOAP Sender Adapter -> Outbound SI(Imported WSDL) -> XI Box (Mapping etc) -> Inbound SI -> XI Receiver Adapter -> ABAP box

Once all has been setup, for SOAP sender adapter for third party to send data the URL looks like this.

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=party:service:channel

But I dont think so this is the endpoint beacuse if I give this in browser I only get an OK status from XI box, what should I give to third party they can use as WSDL endpoint to generate the proxy/stub on their side to send data to SAP.

Regards, Shadab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
This is a asynch inbound SI which is not point to point enabled which means the WSDL we get are only the definitions with 
no endpoints. So I exported it as an external definition which I will then use as sender interface so the scenario looks like this:
Third Party -> SOAP Sender Adapter -> Outbound SI(Imported WSDL) -> XI Box (Mapping etc) -> Inbound SI -> XI Receiver 
Adapter -> ABAP box

Inbound (receiver-end) Service Interface is to be developed from an imported WSDL......not the Outbound (Sender-end) Service Interface.....you actually did the procedure which needs to be done when SOAP is at receiver-end.

If you are clicking the WSDL tab in Service Interface and then taking it as the required WSDL then note that this is not the one.....it is to be generated from ID --> Tools --> Display WSDL (it will be based on the outbound SI)......this will have the end-point which you you mentioned

Now you give this WSDL to the sender application (it will have the end-point) and ask them to develop their coding accordingly.

If you need to view that WSDL in explorer, then you have to publish it somewhere....like in Service Registry (or WSnavigator)

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

End point normally returns status OK to indicate that the connection is active. If you are skeptical you could try testing through RWB or WSNavigator both of which are avialable with PI. Another option is to generate the WSDL in ID and generate the end point. Use this in your WS Navigator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in this case need to generate the WSDL file for your scenario..which will generate the endpopint..which will be almost like what you mentioned...once the data reaches the PI through that endpoint ,then PI send the same to ABAP box...

it is the endpoint for the third party...but endpoint to PI will be the WSDL entry imported/Proxy call to ABAP ...

so you need to generate the WSDL and provide the same to third party which will contain all the needed details

HTH

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

For my earlier service interface in SAP namespace the WSDL was already present. But it did not have any endpoints in SOAMANGER. So how is this different.

Regards, Shadab