cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI on reciept of inbound Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to Post the goods issue as soon as the item is shipped. Currently we do a batch PGI job, I would like to get away from that and as soon as the item is shipped and the transaction flows to SAP via the WHSCON idoc I would like for it to PGI the delivery. How would I got about doing that?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. Would we have to add another IDOC like the SHPCON or we could just do it all through the WHSCON? Currenlty we have a non-SAP warehouse management system that when the sales order is complete it sends the transaction up to SAP and creates the WHSCON. Would we have to create a SHPCON idoc from that to do the PGI? Make sense? Thanks for you help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both SHPCON & WHSCON messages map to the DELVRY03 BasicType in SAP and allow PGI.

If WHSCON is already implemented and you are happy with the results, then IMHO there is not need to change.

Best Regards,

Franck Lumpe

Freelance SAP Logistics Consultant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I think we will check out this route.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

IMHO the best solution would be to do the PGI synchronously with the WHSCON IDOC.

Through E1EDL18 Delivery header control segment, there is a PGI qualifier => Post goods issue

Quote from SAP docu at:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/e2/654b15a9f411d184ec0000e81ddea0/content.htm

Post delivery goods issue

For the goods issue posting, the following additional field must exist.

E1EDL18-QUALF = 'PGI'

Best Regards,

Franck