cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My own js in WD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

a have to run a js function from another frame as frame with my WD (my WD is embeded in Frameset from another, not WD application). The only way I have fund is to load a page with a onLoad js to IFrame. I know Iframe is obsolet, but I have any otgher idea. Have anybody better Ideas?

Best regards

Bogdan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> calling a html page in WD again will be using a Iframe..

> Let Thomas share about this..

I have nothing to share on this. There is no SAP suggested way to inject your own JavaScript. The closest would be the suggestion to use the Portal or NWB and have two separate iViews - One WDA and one something else like BSP. You can use Portal Eventing to communicate events between the two and then fire the JavaScript from BSP upon the Portal Event.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you be more clear..

Former Member
0 Kudos

well,

a have a HTML page with many frames. In frame "A" is my WD application in Frame "B" a page with js function I have to call, when a Button in WD is clicked. How can I do it?

Best Regards

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

calling a html page in WD again will be using a Iframe..

Let Thomas share about this..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

it is possible to use the BSP application inside WD ABAP or viceversa .

u can do it by eventing through portal .

you need to have the content admin role to ur user id on the portal .

thn u need to create iViews for the ur web Dynpro and ur BSP application as well .

This is required for eventing between the two applications .

link::/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/12/15/portal-eventing-a-solution-for-global-peace-and-harmony

u wud also like to see the thread :

I hope this wud help u .

regards,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks a lot for your answers. My applications should work without portal. I use Iframe to start my script. I have asked, if is it a better way to do it. When not - it have to work so

Regards,

Bogdan

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

> I have asked, if is it a better way to do it.

Yes there is a better and supported way. Use the NWBC or Portal and Portal Eventing. The iFrame is deprecated on 7.0 and 7.01.