cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Installation and configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement of installing DMS. I have some questions and issues.

I have installed an ECC 6.0 server and I can see it has DMS components.

I studied some of the guides and got that we have to do DMS customizing through following paths

SAP reference IMG under SAP Netweaver--> Application server u2192 Basis Services u2192 Knowledge Provider. and

SAP NEtweaver --> Knowledge Management --> Settings in knowledge warehouse system

I am not sure what all settings we need to do here. I found some guides but still have confusions.

I have also read that SAP CONTENT SERVER has to be used with DMS. I downloaded it and installed it. And then in the guide it says to try to go to URL http://<hostname>:<portno.>/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo

to check if the Content Server is in running status.

But when i go to this URL, it says page can nit be found.

Do we have to use Content Server with DMS. I have a seperate ECC 6.0 server as DMS server and other ECC6.0 landscape which I will have to connect to DMS.

What path should I follow? Should I have to use Content Server or only ECC6.0 DMS server. What all settings we need to do?

Kindly help

Tajinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tajinder

It's not mandatory to have separate content server, if you have installed ECC 6 & if your volume of data/ documents is not huge.

But if the volume of data is huge, then it's advisable to have content server installed. Then integrate content server with ECC 6 server (It's Basis consultant's job).

Configuration point of view, it purely depends on your requirement. It can't be generalized.

If you are not using separate content server, then you'll have to use "KPro" & check in all your files in "Default Storage DMS" (DMS_C1_ST) .

If you have separate content server then you need to configure the storage location to check in file.

I hope this information helps you.

Thanks

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have confirmed and data size will be large. So I have installed Content Server. It has successfully finished.

But after installation the URL for Content Server is not working.

Do we need to do something else also for URL after installing Content Server?

kindly help

Regards,

Tajinder

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please take your Basis consultant's help.