Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** The XML output file is unreadable in SAP ECC 6.0 (Working fine in 4.6c)

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am working in SAP Technical upgrade Project from 4.6C to SAP ECC 6.0. In 4.6c one Z program is there, the output of Z program is to generate output XML file in the application Server. We checked and downloaded that the output file is readable and the XML is valid.

When we run the same program in ECC 6.0. (after unicode check & changes done), the output xml file is generated and it is in unreadable form. (XML contains some machine characters). When we open the XML in Altova Spy, it shows the error XML is invalid. The erorr is 'character #x3F3C is grammatically unexpected'.

In 4.6c, they used the encoding <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> . We changed the encoding to UTF-8 in ECC 6.0 since we are doing unicode conversion. (

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> ). After this change also, the output file is not generated correctly. It is unreadable form. (Some Machine Characters).

Friends, What could be the problem ? . Can you help me to identify this problem.

Kind regards,

Jegathees P.

2 REPLIES 2

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I troubleshooted that, the reason is that conversion of X to C (Hexadecimal to C) in the ASSIGN statement is not working correctly in ECC 6.0. Then, we replaced the code with our custom Function Module to convert xstring to string. After this, we got the XML correctly, readable and well-formed XML.

0 Kudos

Hi, could ypu please provid some code, how it was done ?

Thanks, Gabriel