Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

including files from network drive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Iu2019ve created project structure

I would like include files from network drive for it by transaction Cj20n and next, services for object->create->create attachment.

Is it possible including files from network drive? I donu2019t see them, I see only drive of my computer.

Should I install DMS ?

Regd Stenwa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

We have used DMS for wbs elements. Simple to use it and furthermore you can use EASY-DMS a windows based application to check in documents in the sap database. You can use document records and create a folder-like hierarchy for your documents. Authorizations are also available etc...

i would not recommend the attachment list.

I hope it helps

pan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody,

Could you write me advantages and disadvantages of using: DMS or attachment list, including cost.

I know a litttle about DMS

I think creating hierarchy for my documents and authorizations are advantages of DMS.

Rgds. Stenwa

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

read SAP help

search forum

then make your own conclusions

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

paul_shrewsbury2
Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to create attachments in CJ20N just as you said. When you "Create Attachment" you should get the Windows Import file search box. The buttons on the left side of the dialog box are: My Recent Documents, Desktop, My Documents, My Computer, and My Network Places.

If you have mapped to the network drives (like in Windows Explorer), you should be able to see the network locations under the My Computer.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks everybody for help

Rgds. Stenwa

0 Kudos

DMS is easy to congigure and can be used for several objects in SAP.(Notifications,materials, BOMS wbs elements etc) You can use one document record and easily attach it several times to many different objects.

Furthemore a change made to a SAP document record easily reflects to all objects using it.

Versions of documents is another very usefull plus.

Authoriztions also..

Furthemore you can use Easy-DMS which is a simple but very effective SAP tool in order to check in documents in SAP system. It is a windows based tool that requires a simple login to your system in order to create a document hierarchy very easily...

I think that you can use the forum to find out more about DMS but as mentioned is easy to configure and you might

solve many issues.

Hope it helps

Pan

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can see the whole drive from my network

probably you are not connected to your network

of course you can always install DMS