Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalisation Of language for selected users

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to change the language settings, for some users by using some scipt or manually(by the end user)? By default the language taken up by the portal is the browsers language, but I want to change the language to a few users. I am not sure about Internationalisation concept being used here, is it possible to make changes through it on netweaver active and running portal without disturbing the other users?

I have refferred to the service note <a href="https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=947081">947081</a> but unable to move any further.

Please assist.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

To set different languages to specific users is not possible,only one language

is preferred throughout the system,If that's possible module wise every one

will have their own choice to set the language and work.

Regards,

Manjula .U

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a language field within the portal's user administration dialogue. In my environment this is blank by default but I am able to choose a specific setting on a per-user basis. I authenticate users via LDAP and Windows Integrated Authentication/Kerberos tickets from an Active Directory database but even users defined here can have a portal specific language defined. When I changed my language from English to Japanese, the logoff dialogue box text was written in Japanese characters rather than English.

I wish to avoid administering users directly in the portal and to keep all administration in AD (single point of control). Therefore, I do not want to have to manually change a Japanese user's language setting. If this is picked up from the Windows/Browser language setting then I'm happy. If not, there is a "language" attribute defined in the "Reference Documentation for User Management" section of "Identity Management of the Application Server Java" at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/3a/4a0640d7b28f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

I suspect that it is possible to map an AD attribute to the Java "language" attribute to set this. This would be done in the "dataSourceConfiguration....xml" file and UME configuration processes. The challenge might be to find an appropriate AD attribute to contain the correct value (with the correct syntax) for the NWJava attribute. Of course, it might also be possible to modify the logon code of the portal to select any AD attribute and map it directly but I have absolutely no experience of how to do this.