Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working On Two Development Configurations at Same Time

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to work on two Development Configurations at the same time.

Any idea how do I have to do it?

I can specify URL of only one SLD in NWDS right?

Can I install two NWDS on my machine? If yes, then wat will happen to .dtc & .dtr folders? I guess I can specify workspace folder separate, but I'm not sure about .dtc & .dtr

Please help.

Thanks and regards,

Amey Mogare

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can.

But probably you have 1 SLD / NWDI -url, where your development configurations (i.e. your tracks) are located. If this is the case, you can have both of the development configurations in 1 NWDS, if you want

1 Installation of NWDS is enough: with 2 shortcuts on your desktop pointing to the same installation, you can have 2 different workspaces set in the target of your shortcut and per workspace you specify the .dtc directory in the preferences.

The .dtc diretory is normally located in the "Document and Settings" directory on your C-drive, but 1 .dtr directory is sufficiant to achieve above scenario.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alain

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alain,

Thank you sharing information.

In my case, I have two SLD URLs! and I want to import two different tracks from two different SLDs!

How should it be done?

Thanks and regards,

Amey Mogare

Former Member
0 Kudos

If both Development Configurations target systems with the same SP level, you can use one NWDS:

1. Set URL for SLD 1

2. Import Dev Config 1

3. Change SLD URL to SLD 2

4. Import Dev Config 2

There is one big 'BUT': You MUST have the same user credentials on both SLD's/NWDI servers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If both Development Configurations target systems with the same SP level, you can use one NWDS:

1. Set URL for SLD 1

2. Import Dev Config 1

4. Import Dev Config 2

There is one big 'BUT': You MUST have the same user credentials on both SLD's/NWDI servers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Set URL for SLD 1

2. Import Dev Config 1

4. Import Dev Config 2

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Wonderful reply! It s working for me.

For my case, i was having same user credentials for both SLDs. But what if that is not the case?

Thanks and regards,

Amey Mogare

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do not have the same credentials in both SLD's it will not work, since (at least older versions of) NWDS asks only once for a username/password combination. If it's not possible to synchronize these credentials, you'll have to install two NWDS's on your machine (or use two different machines).

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do not have the same credentials in both SLD's it will not work, since (at least older versions of) NWDS asks only once for a username/password combination. If it's not possible to synchronize these credentials, you'll have to install two NWDS's on your machine (or use two different machines).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Pascal.

Thank you for your help.

With regards,

Amey Mogare

Answers (0)