Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid duplicate t codes in existing role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

i want to know is there is any way through which i can get a pop up that t code already exists if i a particular t code is added in a role or any other way of not ading the dupicate t codes in ecisting role .

Regards

Shilpa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at OSS note number 357877. Hope it helps!

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe there is a parameter you can set up in the SSGN_CUST table which cleanses the menu of duplicate tcodes in a role. I do not remember the parameter. Try searching the OSS notes. I remember reading something to that effect in one of the notes I had.

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at OSS note number 357877. Hope it helps!

0 Kudos

I am not sure if i got the question from the operator correct, but i suppose the question was if we have a pop-up or warning before we add a trnasaction to a role in PFCG

the OSS not refrred is for condensing the user menu and has nothing to do with the PFCG part, isnt it?

Am i missing something here ?

0 Kudos

I think I might have got the wrong note number...

There is a similar option for the PFCG bit if I remember correctly... I will have a look up again....

Edited by: chinmaya prakash on Dec 8, 2009 5:35 PM

Edited by: chinmaya prakash on Dec 8, 2009 5:36 PM

0 Kudos

Oh yes, me too please.

That would be a usefull feature as a warning and I would certainly use it. I was not aware of such an option. I currently use Excel to check while building, but some still slip through sooner or later and if it is in a different folder for some reason then the compression does not see it.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

propably you mean note #504006 (ssm_cust->condense_menu_pfcg).

But there is no functionality of a popup to be displayed if an existing t-code is added again.

Nevertheless, simply add the t-code and use the 'Collapse menu'-button then to remove multiple t-code assignements again.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Yes this is perhaps what I had read. I know there wont be any pop up but I just though it might be just a way around to avoid the duplicate T codes...

Cheers,

CP

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try clicking collapse menu tab after adding the Tcodes, so that there wont be any duplicates on the menu tree. Hope it helps!

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

Bhanu reddy is correct.

We can avoid repeated tcodes in a particular role by clicking on Compress menu.

It will check all the tcodes and remove repeated tcodes.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

0 Kudos

Collapse menu will work for single folder only. If same txn added in separate folder under role menu then it wont work. Here a search for the transaction in role menu by find in hierarchy button before add should be done if there are multiple sub tree present under role menu.

Arpan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx