cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS Data transfer Step : Long runtime for table GEOLOC and GEOOBJR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

The data transfer for tables GEOLOC and GEOOBJR is taking too long (almost 3 days for 1.7 million records). There are no scrambling rules applied on this tables. Rather I am using TDMS for the first time so I am not using any scrambling rules to start with.

Also there are 30 process which have gone in error. How to run those erreneous jobs again??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Anup

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

Also I noticed in SM66 the jobs are continously reading from table USR02.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure there are no locks being crated for these 2 (do a SM12)

Also what is the message on the 10 errors? This may sometimes be resolved by simply re-executing the activity. Check to see if there are duplicate records being created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harmeet,

I changed the write type for those activities and re-executed them and they are successfully completed.

Now the data transfer is complete but I see a difference in no of records for these two tables (Geoloc and Geoobjr).

Can you please let me know what might be the reason?

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I ran the step Check consistency of data load I got the error Object GEOLOC and GEOOBJR are not generated yet. Use troubleshooting to solve the problem.

But I am not able to use the Automatic Repair option suggested in the Troubleshooting page. Could anyone please guide me How to use Automatic Repair option.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello-

the difference in number of records is natural result of TDMS selection groups. This is not an error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Troubleshoot, then do a "Forced Redefinition" and then once that activity is finished you can re-execute.

Harmeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harmeet,

I was wrong about my jobs for GEOLOC and GEOOBJR being complete. They are still running and taking very very long time.

I tried changing the writing behavior and other technical settings but still no progress.

Any clues on that one.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anup-

It is difficult to say what the exact problem might be without looking at the system. From your posts it looks the time taken is excessive- you should contact SAP.

Also, if you are on SP 12, you may want to apply this snote- 1367836; this improved our performance a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harmeet,

Yes that job has been running for 2 days now. I have already raised an OSS for that.

Thanks anyways for all the help.

Regards,

Anup