cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert through mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting alerts in the alert inbox(RWB). But the requirement is to send the alert to the mail(Outlook). I did the required configurations in SU01 and SOST but still I am not getting any alert in my Outlook inbox.

Please provide me the steps to configure the alert to the outlook.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

1Goto t-code SCOT; double-click SMTP and specify the mail-host and mail-port for the respective mail server.

2)Make the u2018Node in useu2019 check box as checked.

3)Click on the u2018Internet->Setu2019 button under u2018Supported address typesu2019 to specify the email-address of the recipient

4)Goto Menu->Settings->Default Domain and specify the domain id of the company.

5)Save the settings done in SCOT.

Testing:

1)To test our alert configurations run the report u2018RSALERTTESTu2019.

2)Specify the alert category that we have created in ALRTCATDEF. Execute(F8).

for more information please refera sap note

SAP Note: 913858

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per the step 3:

Click on the u2018Internet->Setu2019 button under u2018Supported address typesu2019 to specify the email-address of the recipient

Do I need to enter the email address of the recipient or the domain(*abc.com) or just * will do?

Moreover when we define the alert category in alrtcatdef, we mention the recipients who will be getting the alerts in alert inbox(RWB). Where to define the recipients for a specific alert category who will be getting alerts in their outlook mail?

Is it that when we do the config. in SU01,SCOT,SOST(for sending alerts to mail), it will send the alert to the configured recipient for any alert raised in XI(ie. alert belonging to any alert category).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get the alerts from SAP Alert management framework to your mail box.

1. Create the proper alert rule and make sure the alerts are coming into your inbox.( This is working fine for you)

2. Check the SCOT service of your SAP server as this is the service which will interact with the external main servers.

- go to t -code scot and press cntrl+f12 , make a proper selection and it will display all the send orders ; you can even activate trace and see for more error, if any.

3. check with the mail server administrator for enabling the xi server to send the mails to your outlook mail server.

regards

sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to configure the mail server host and port details using SCOT and also the domain name...

and also the default domain which will be under settings of SCOT tcode

HTH

Rajesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any chance you saw this: /people/pravesh.sharma/blog/2009/07/02/configuration-for-forwarding-alerts-as-emails

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have already set the configurations as per the blog mentioned by you.

But still I am not getting the alerts in the mailbox.

Do I need to specify something in the role tab in SU01?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nothing needs to be specified (additionally) under the Roles tab....just maintain a valid email address of the person in the address tab.

you mentioned about settings in SU01 and SOST....did you do settings in SCOT also?

Regards,

Abhishek.