Open PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We have an requirment in our project for SAP PS & MS project 2007

interface. With the help of note I have downloaded and installed

OpenPS_for_MS_Project_4.0 on my system.

Now when I am downloading project from SAP PS to MS project 2007 with

object type: WBS, Activit, Milestone & Activity relationship.

System is creating project in MS one to one map in SAP PS till WBS,

Network, milestone & Activities. But when it start downloading

Relationship system throughs an error message as below :-

OpenPS Information : Please enter the relationship type: FS

Regards,

Tushar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the settings in Open PS if you have cheked the box for object types saying "relationships". Also check if in the object types you have all the relationships having same name as that of SAP. I mean does FS means Finish Start in Open PS.

Normally you do not need to set these settings. But just confirm they are in place.

Regards,

MAhendra Dighe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, In object settings I have selected Relationships, also in object type the PS link is maped with link type definition in MS project.

when I start downloading SAP PS proj to MS project with help of OpenPS, system downloads all the object like WBS, NW, Activity etc. But when it start downloading relationship it throughs the information message :-

OpenPS Information : Please enter the relationship type: FS

This information message is an error. None of the relationship is

transferred at all because of this popup

Regards,

Tushar

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tushar as an alternative method to download the SAP Project to MS Project, Go to CN41, open your project, then click Evaluation>Export>MS Project. This will download the SAP project in mpx format, which you can open and use it in MS project. Just try with this method to see relationships are getting created properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My experience says that OPenPS 4.0 is not really stable tool to download the project. I faced many issues with it, so I tried Open PS 2.0. Can you give a try with Open PS 2.0 with MS Project 2003. It is working good for me.

Also there are lot of issues aobut hte scheduling in Open PS. The schedulnig method used by MS Project differs completely from SAP and it does not help if hte client just want to downlaod the project for checking the dates and other stuff.

Regards,

Mahendra Dighe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a limitation on the number of Project objects that can be downloaded from SAP to MSP?

I am facing this error

"This standard network references too many objects:

Yes = MS Project text: Yes 0010 *50000000115

MS Project can manage only a limited number of objects"

when am trying to download in mpx. approx 500 lines in msp. with relationships.